Status Just starting
Date (Status Date)2011/08/04
Build Issues Hub Axel threaded! ..

IMG_0879.jpg

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
That thing needs big up and over handle bars and a high back rest!

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
New project bike has arrived, I have completed below:
Thanks for filling out my form ... The bike looks great. Sorry to hear about the threaded axel. I had the same issue with my Spirit ... Try to take lots of pics of your build .. perhaps some video ... Its going to be great! ..

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Thanks for filling out my form ... The bike looks great. Sorry to hear about the threaded axel. I had the same issue with my Spirit ... Try to take lots of pics of your build .. perhaps some video ... Its going to be great! ..
Making progress. Batteries aligned like a V-twin and Cycle Analyst reading 55V! Hopefully first test-run tomorrow. Then we strip it back to nothing and have all the parts cleaned up, re-chromed where required. Project 2 is en route too! Another cruiser, but 7ft long! Hopefully will run between 72v- 144v for drag racing! IMG_0884.jpg

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Making progress. Batteries aligned like a V-twin and Cycle Analyst reading 55V! Hopefully first test-run tomorrow. Then we strip it back to nothing and have all the parts cleaned up, re-chromed where required. Project 2 is en route too! Another cruiser, but 7ft long! Hopefully will run between 72v- 144v for drag racing! View attachment 2566
Ok. I can't resist any longer. Whats the status Mark? .... and where did you get the bike from? ... I'm thinking of getting one for my sister! ....

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi Alan,

Almost complete, going to finish on saturday. Real work gets in the way..! Motor fitted, batteries mounted, lights fitted etc etc. Got motor run and are going to connect up properly at the weekend!

Project 2 arrived yesterday (just!) See pic of it on the roof of the car.....IMG_0895.jpg

One was bought on Ebay and the other I found on Pistonheads!

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
We got it working.... Although the brakes are a bit squeaky! A strange technical issue though. We can accelerate at full throttle from a standstill to 27mph, but when we lift off and reapply when already moving the systems cuts out and we have to reset. Struggling to resolve at the moment.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0CoO1FJx18

Last edited:

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Great stuff! ... One mod that I would make is to replace the pedals with some chrome studs!

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
A strange technical issue though. We can accelerate at full throttle from a standstill to 27mph, but when we lift off and reapply when already moving the systems cuts out and we have to reset. Struggling to resolve at the moment.
Is it a direct drive motor? If so, could the the regenerating current from the motor at speed be blocking the controller?

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Same "kit" and config?
No, using an old Metro thats been cannablised! So will have a torquey 250W with throttle and up to 20mph. Which with the linkage suspension at the front will be all it can take!

A friend is giving me a racer to convert and also looking at doing a mountain bike. Too many projects, limited funds and not enough spare time!