New to Ebikes and Conversation Kits... Help?

Feb 29, 2016
As I am a bit on the dumb side when it comes to stuff like this I plan to have a friend who is abit more clued up to fit it all for me but I still need to buy the kit.

The cheapest I can find with a battery is this one http://www.electricbikeconversions.co.uk/product/250w-front-wheel-electric-bike-conversion-kit/ (if you know of one cheaper please link me up)

I have been looking at Ebikes for over a year and I was close to buying an E-Rider as I liked the look but a relative recently bought me a Flite Gemini Mountain Bike and as I don't want to throw it back into their face by not using it. I have decided to buy a conversation kit.

I only need my bike to travel too and from work which is about 4 Miles each way (maybe a little less) I don't like the idea of peddling too much after a 12 hour shift so need something that will help alot with my laziness on a night time. Do you think this kit will accommodate my needs? Also as I literally live on one bank of the Tyne and my work is literally on the other-side of the river on another bank I will be going up and downhill alot. Can this kit handle the work of going uphill? I know I will have to peddle aswell but the main reason I want a ebike is to assist me up the hills as I am sick of spending almost £100 a month on bus fare!

Any advice welcome and I am total novice with bikes nevermind Ebikes. So sorry if I ask too many questions.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's a fairly standard kit at a very good price, and it will do your job, giving you enough assistance on hills so long as you are prepared to contribute your share of effort.

It is possible to get a more powerful kit suited to hill climbing but at a rather higher price as you'll see on this link.

With either kit and your bike's frame you can have either an in-frame mount battery or a rack battery, you'll need to specify which.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Looks good to me and states Samsung cells for down tube battery, though doesn't seem to state cell make for the carrier battery option.
If you go for a down tube battery make sure there's space in the frame to fit it.
Dave.

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
if you look a few posts down electrickery has a front wheel kit from ebc and a small review.
I have there rear wheel hub kit downtube battery but have not completed my build yet but spares are available and they nice to deal with.
they include a video to give info on fitting a kit.

Annie12

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 5, 2015
if you look a few posts down electrickery has a front wheel kit from ebc and a small review.
I have there rear wheel hub kit downtube battery but have not completed my build yet but spares are available and they nice to deal with.
they include a video to give info on fitting a kit.
They are great people to deal with - nothing is too much trouble.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
I can recommend the Ezee kit, I have the front wheel motor and I live in Wales. Hills no problemo, in fact I have been known to laugh out loud when tackling some of the back lanes, hill climbing torque is spetacular. (Having said that I'm a leisure cyclist and don't envy your post 12 hour shift journey. I have the 14Ah battery and reckon it's good for about 30 - 35 miles, even around here. 8 months use will have paid for it.