New Wisper 905 SE Sport

Howard

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2008
Our batteries should charge up to around 42V if anyone feels that there is a problem the first thing to check to see if the battery is charging properly. If a new fully charged battery falls short of the 42V mark it is certainly worth getting in touch.

All the best
Mine is always bang on 41.7V, so you may not get quite as high as 42V...

pl1974

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2008
Hi,

I've just got my Wisper and only done one 'cycle' so far, but it was down to the red light at around 25-30 miles, however it seems to hang on for ages on just red, I was doing the 'deep cycle' as recommended so was waiting for low voltage cut out, in the end (around 36-37 miles) I gave up fearing damaging the battery and put it on charge.

I'll check the charged voltage today, but it seems you may get another 10 miles from the first point of red light only. Although from what I've read you probably wouldn't want to do it too often due to shortening long term battery life.

Fantastic bike to ride though isn't it :D

Paul

Howard

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2008
Hi Howard. Mine is 41.5v after a full charge.
What sort of mileage are you getting on average with yours?
Hi

I never ride mine to empty, but I do 24 miles to work then charge. Normally I still have red and amber lights on when I get to work (with no load on battery), and the voltage is normally about 36.5V. I suspect I could get 50 miles quite easily, but I do put in a fair amount of effort myself.

Cheers,

Howard

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
If your down to the red light, what kind of range would you expect to have left?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
200mA Charger

We have just ordered some 200mA chargers that will be here by the end of the month (hopefully). These chargers are brilliant for bringing all the cells up to their best capacity. The charge takes nearly two days but is a great refresher for any battery.

These will be on loan FOC + P and P to any Wisper owner who wants to borrow one.

Best regards David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
200mA charger

We have just ordered some 200mA chargers that will be here by the end of the month (hopefully). These chargers are brilliant for bringing all the cells up to their best capacity. The charge takes nearly two days but is a great refresher for any battery.

These will be on loan FOC + P and P to any Wisper owner who wants to borrow one.

Best regards David

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough

Best regards David
Will it help extend the life of the battery?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Battery life

Hi Andy

No not really as the BMS and standard charger will normally balance the cells, however if something goes wrong with the usual balancing system, this very slow charger will sort of "re boot" the battery.

All the best David

Extra Cold

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 20, 2009

Best regards David
That's good to know for the future. :)

How much are additional chargers to buy David? I might keep one at work to keep it topped up, if they're not too expensive.

Lately I've been riding it without using throttle for pulling away and have squeezed a few more miles out of it. After about 28 miles it was really struggling though, going up the small hill back to my house on throttle only.

I'm still getting a funny noise coming from the back wheel which sounds like someone walking on snow. It only happens when under load on a low battery (otherwise it's as quiet as a mouse). I'm sure someone else also mentioned this and "Gears" came up as a possible reason.

Another 75 miles to go before I run it into TETS for the 300 mile check, so I'll get them to take a look at that as well.

What is strange, is that if I run on throttle only, then pedal very very lightly, just turning the pedals with no real effort, it gains a few more mph. Is that usual?

Still absolutely loving it though! Small concerns aside, this is by far the best bike I've owned! :D

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Charger

Hi EC

Delighted to read you are enjoying the bike so much!

The new chargers will be available for the same price as a standard charger i.e. £70.00 but there is really no need to keep one as they will only be of use occasionally if ever.

I am sure TETS will sort out the snow noise on your service.

Best regards David

Extra Cold

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 20, 2009
The new chargers will be available for the same price as a standard charger i.e. £70.00
Hi David. Sorry. I wasn't clear:eek: . I did mean the standard charger, rather than the new slow charger. Are they available from your website? I couldn't seem to find them.

Cheers
Chris

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Charger

Sorry, you were perfectly clear, it was my misunderstanding.

The chargers are available from your supplier at £85.74 including VAT.

All the best David