Newbe

Stuka

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 4, 2019
Crawley
Hi I am a MALE 70 year old( I tried to put my Gender when registering bot it let me only do female or nothing ) I have not ridden a bike for a few years because my last one i had which cost me over £2,000 was nicked out my garage. So I felt like I do not want to do it any more plus I felt a bit sick. But now back and looking I am a retired done 12 years in the Army 17th/21st Lancers Death or Glory boys. The I joined British Rail ( That is when we had a Railway) I was a Deltic 5 East Cost Driver and loved it I left when it was no longer a Railway and then joined Penronas Oil Company in Malaysia which I fell in love there brought a house in KL and one in Lankawi which we go there at least once a year i I retired 5 years ago

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Welcome Stuka, are you intending to buy or build an e-bike?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Put up a CCTV system around your house. Any would-be thieves are put off when they see the cameras staring at them, especially at night time when the IR LEDs glow like ray guns.

You can get a complete 2 camera system with recorder for less than £100.
I have installed three of the one in the link below at friends houses. They're the easiest in the world. Just screw cameras where you want them and run 12v to each from the supplied chargers. Put the recorder box wherever you want, say near the TV. Plug it in and connect to the TV with an HDMI cable. That's it. The images appear on the TV or monitor completely wirelessly, like by magic.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4CH-1080P-HD-2-0MP-Wireless-WIFI-Security-NVR-KIT-System-4x-IP-Camera-Outdoor/273503770041?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&redirect=mobile

For this one, you need to buy and install your own hard disc to record on. I used these recycled ones.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seagate-Barracuda-7200-12-1TB-Internal-7200-RPM-8-89-cm-3-5-ST31000524AS/173814398045?epid=102513573&hash=item2878253c5d:g:sB4AAOSwUvVcdlvi&redirect=mobile

If you don't want to put the recorder anywhere near your TV, you need a separate monitor. You can use the cheapest PC monitor you can find or you can use any TV that has an HDMI port or one of those blue computer monitor connectors, though the cable for the latter will probably be more expensive unless you have one left over from an old PC system.

These CCTV systems have a lot of powerful features. Motion detection to set off an alarm or send you pictures by email to your phone. Scheduled recording. Loop recording, etc. I wouldn't be without one. They put off scam callers too because you get a clear mugshot as they walk to your front door. They can't exactly look the other way while they're trying to con you.

All the clever people will come here and say that CCTV is no good because the crooks, just put their hoods up, but the main thing is the deterrent affect and the motion detection alarm, which is perfect for a shed because nothing should move in there.

Stuka

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 4, 2019
Crawley
Put up a CCTV system around your house. Any would-be thieves are put off when they see the cameras staring at them, especially at night time when the IR LEDs glow like ray guns.

You can get a complete 2 camera system with recorder for less than £100.
I have installed three of the one in the link below at friends houses. They're the easiest in the world. Just screw cameras where you want them and run 12v to each from the supplied chargers. Put the recorder box wherever you want, say near the TV. Plug it in and connect to the TV with an HDMI cable. That's it. The images appear on the TV or monitor completely wirelessly, like by magic.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4CH-1080P-HD-2-0MP-Wireless-WIFI-Security-NVR-KIT-System-4x-IP-Camera-Outdoor/273503770041?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&redirect=mobile

For this one, you need to buy and install your own hard disc to record on. I used these recycled ones.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seagate-Barracuda-7200-12-1TB-Internal-7200-RPM-8-89-cm-3-5-ST31000524AS/173814398045?epid=102513573&hash=item2878253c5d:g:sB4AAOSwUvVcdlvi&redirect=mobile

If you don't want to put the recorder anywhere near your TV, you need a separate monitor. You can use the cheapest PC monitor you can find or you can use any TV that has an HDMI port or one of those blue computer monitor connectors, though the cable for the latter will probably be more expensive unless you have one left over from an old PC system.

These CCTV systems have a lot of powerful features. Motion detection to set off an alarm or send you pictures by email to your phone. Scheduled recording. Loop recording, etc. I wouldn't be without one. They put off scam callers too because you get a clear mugshot as they walk to your front door. They can't exactly look the other way while they're trying to con you.

All the clever people will come here and say that CCTV is no good because the crooks, just put their hoods up, but the main thing is the deterrent affect and the motion detection alarm, which is perfect for a shed because nothing should move in there.
Have done that now with my Garage conpletly secure if some little **** wants to get in they will find it very hard indeed not only with locks 6 of them but TV as well