Newbie advice - Connecting Yose Power kit to Seperate Battery

oddert

Just Joined
Mar 18, 2022
Hi all,

First time post, and I'm new to ebikes generally speaking (lots of experienced with basic bike maintenance).
Apologies if this is a very basic question but these forms have come up a lot when I've been researching and so i trust the user base's knowledge.

I'm looking to upgrade my bike using a Yose Power kit, I want to stick with Yose for now for various reasons.
Originally I was looking at their conversion kits which have everything including the battery however on measuring my frame I realized it wont take the battery they supply (its a weird frame shape).

As such I was looking at getting this kit which comes with everything including a controller just no battery (SKU 2120100024G), and this pannier battery rack (SKU 2120100022G-1).
I've been assured via email that the two are compatible, but the images and documentation are not entirely clear to me on how the two connect and I'm nervous about wasting money or braking something.

Here are the images from their site, I've circled the adapter, it doesn't exactly look circular to fit the controller?

Does anyone have any images of this type of connector?
Better yet, is there anywhere I can go to see a video / images of the controller connected up to a battery like this?
Any other advice for someone new to this?

I'm obviously anxious not to spend money on something I can't use, if I could see some pictures of the connectors up close or something it would help greatly.

Also if this is going to be much hassle for a beginner then I'd rather just get another cheep bike with a more standard frame and buy the kit with battery included, rather than mess around.

Many Thanks!

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Hi all,

First time post, and I'm new to ebikes generally speaking (lots of experienced with basic bike maintenance).
Apologies if this is a very basic question but these forms have come up a lot when I've been researching and so i trust the user base's knowledge.

I'm looking to upgrade my bike using a Yose Power kit, I want to stick with Yose for now for various reasons.
Originally I was looking at their conversion kits which have everything including the battery however on measuring my frame I realized it wont take the battery they supply (its a weird frame shape).

As such I was looking at getting this kit which comes with everything including a controller just no battery (SKU 2120100024G), and this pannier battery rack (SKU 2120100022G-1).
I've been assured via email that the two are compatible, but the images and documentation are not entirely clear to me on how the two connect and I'm nervous about wasting money or braking something.

Here are the images from their site, I've circled the adapter, it doesn't exactly look circular to fit the controller?

View attachment 46136View attachment 46138

Does anyone have any images of this type of connector?
Better yet, is there anywhere I can go to see a video / images of the controller connected up to a battery like this?
Any other advice for someone new to this?

I'm obviously anxious not to spend money on something I can't use, if I could see some pictures of the connectors up close or something it would help greatly.

Also if this is going to be much hassle for a beginner then I'd rather just get another cheep bike with a more standard frame and buy the kit with battery included, rather than mess around.

Many Thanks!
The only compatibility issue with your plan is whether the battery connector and the controller connector are the same. All you need to do if not is chop off one or both, and fit connectors of your choice. Straightforward, soldering or crimping, then heat shrink wrap. Red to red, black to black of course!

And also a quick easy and so cheap job to have done by someone else. Definitely not a show stopper.

oddert

Just Joined
Mar 18, 2022
Hi Mathew, thanks for the advice, that's useful info.
Would a connector like this work for the lead type used on the battery would you (or anyone else) know? I believe the thick end would fit the controller, are the battery leads fairly generic?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124856924264

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
You can just change them.
Either Anderson power pole connectors (30A type) or XT60 connectors. E Bay or Amazon, bought as make/female pairs.
Caution is needed, cut black then red as seperate items, do not cut both together or let the bare ends touch or you may be doing some unintentional welding:eek:

• Informative
Reactions: guerney