Newbie looking for help

Grizzly_Dan

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 14, 2020
Hi all, wondering if anyone is able to help-
I have a brand-x hardtail (73mm BB I believe) and would like to get a conversion kit for it.
Mostly ride trail, some mountain, off road/country roads- no crazy jumps.

I'd like pedal assist, maybe a throttle or cruise if possible would be great and a decent range of say 50 miles per charge(frame mount battery) - the display as long as I see basic info it doesn't have to be a high fancy one.
What would be recommended? The trails I ride are quite steep in places, so I have been advised to look at mid motors?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
could you post some pictures of your bike?
3 questions that usually jump to mind:
- where to put the battery
- where to put the LCD and perhaps a thumb throttle
- how would the motor or pedal sensor fit?

so it's useful to have pictures of:
- the bike
- the handlebars viewed from front
- the bottom bracket area with the bike upside down

Hammer

Just Joined
Apr 19, 2020
Here we go
Try a bafang bbs02 and pick the power you want I use the 750 watt (completely illegal but fun) 250 watt with a 48 volt (legal). battery will give you loads of range relative to your battery pack size. try to find a frame mount shark pack or simila.r You might have grind a bit of the chain guide adaptor (on your bottom bracket) off for motor clearance and check your bottom bracket width very carefully before you order. hub drives are cheap and great for commuting but feel heavy and dull off road. Ive got both types.

Grizzly_Dan

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 14, 2020
Try a bafang bbs02 and pick the power you want I use the 750 watt (completely illegal but fun) 250 watt with a 48 volt (legal). battery will give you loads of range relative to your battery pack size. try to find a frame mount shark pack or simila.r You might have grind a bit of the chain guide adaptor (on your bottom bracket) off for motor clearance and check your bottom bracket width very carefully before you order. hub drives are cheap and great for commuting but feel heavy and dull off road. Ive got both types.
Cheers for that fella, iv decided against diying mine atm, and have ordered a haibike sduro hardtail instead. First step into an ebike, if I like it ill potentially upgrade around Christmas depending on my skill level