News: Bosch announces 2016 e-bike system features

Pedelecs

Editorial
May 20, 2015
Also thanks to Sherman who has also highlighted this to the forum!

Helen

Last edited:

rippedupno1

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
Dudley,west midlands
Iam certainly glad to hear that bosch have acknowledged the need for the option of a larger battery pack . Although I think I would have been happier if they had gone to 600 , but at least it's a step in the right direction.

Reactions: RobF

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I agree about the battery capacity.

No doubt a spare 500 will be an eye watering price.

I see Bosch are also pushing faster charging - about half capacity in two hours.

Still a fairly long time to stop to get 30 or so extra miles.

Reactions: rippedupno1

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
The 2016 mod have 75 nm torque.The motor is the same i belive.Anybody know if there will be a firmware update for the older performance motor up to 75 nm?

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Probably doing it to leapfrog the 70 Nm reported for the Yamaha motor:-

See the Motor specifications, comparison side by side in this blog.
Been crazy busy today, but finally my more in depth article is now live!

Read it here - Bosch eBike 2016 Rumours Unveiled

Also a few more predictions there that have not yet been covered!

Enjoy! BR
Martin

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Only a 500Wh battery and no integrated battery for 2016? Try 612Wh as standard and 100Nm. Bosch have lost the plot.

http://www.50cycles.com/electric-bikes/impulse-evo/

Yes, that's a belt drive. And Kalkhoff have designed the whole system to be 50% quieter than anything else out there.

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I'm more shocked to see that they have stuck with the small sprocket size*, that across brand, actively encourages chain suck in off road conditions, potentially wrecks the outer bearing of the motor, and when pedalling in eco and unassisted modes, wears rear cassettes and front sprockets out at an alarming rate.

Throw Nyon into the equation and it'll end in tears. I guess that's progress for you.

* Actually I'm not, as changing it would have been admittance of a problem.

Last edited:

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Kalkhoff still offer Bosch models but we won't be ordering any.

FOCUS have dropped them completely. I can honestly say the Haibike FS Enduro was the most boring electric bike I have or will ever ride. Going around Richmond Park on that thing felt like taking an Accountancy exam, but with inferior seating arrangements.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The 17ah Kalkhoff battery is an attraction from the punters' point of view.

But from the same perspective, this forum is littered with complaints about Kalkhoff batteries.

Self-sizzling terminals being the two latest examples.

So rather than bragging about their integrated batteries, Kalkhoff would be better off sorting out their disintegrating ones.

Reactions: Croxden

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my haibike goes round like a missile your not going fast enough lol

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
To be fair to Haibike, any bike would feel boring riding around Richmond Park. :)

Also in the case of Haibike, that blandness could be interpreted as German dependability, which many like the feel of and want.

Edit.. Rob, Bosch batteries aren't without their issues either. I've got through two so far, and for no apparent reason. Even my two chargers operate differently. In the case of one, the green light goes out after charging, and in the case of the other, it just stays on.

Last edited:

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
my haibike goes round like a missile your not going fast enough lol
To be fair, it was their first crack at it back in 2011. It looked amazing, all white and blue and purposeful looking. A full suspension crank drive all-terrain bike! But out on the ride it really disappointed me. I gave up.

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
Only a 500Wh battery and no integrated battery for 2016? Try 612Wh as standard and 100Nm. Bosch have lost the plot.

http://www.50cycles.com/electric-bikes/impulse-evo/

Yes, that's a belt drive. And Kalkhoff have designed the whole system to be 50% quieter than anything else out there.
You should at least know the correct information about your products.The new Evo motor has 80nm max torque not100nm.And from reading on pedelecforum.de it is not very quiet.And the prefered motors seems to be yamaha or Bosch performance:the new 75 nm version I belive will outperform everything available at this point.And the battery on the bike above does not look good imo.It should have gone all the way up .

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
You should at least know the correct information about your products.The new Evo motor has 80nm max torque not100nm.And from reading on pedelecforum.de it is not very quiet.And the prefered motors seems to be yamaha or Bosch performance:the new 75 nm version I belive will outperform everything available at this point.And the battery on the bike above does not look good imo.It should have gone all the way up .
Preferred by whom? Look up the FOCUS e-MTB reviews. They more than hold their own against Bosch and Yamaha, and with greater battery capacities.

The Stromer goes 'all the way up' and looks cumbersome.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
dongled? Or as nature intended?

both i got a 350w motor and want to use it all, ;)

nothing can keep up with it i over take cars ;)

Reactions: Tim

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

and it looks bad ass as well, cost a sodding fortune tho ;)