Nimh Ezee battery

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Well, I don't quite see why you direct all of that at me, Scott, given that most of it I haven't even commented upon and almost all of the rest isn't applicable to me - for example, hiding behind pseudonyms; you know precisely who I am and where I live - check out my profile if you have forgotten.

So, I have cut out all the self-justificatory waffle from your message to me and left in the bits that are relevant to my complaint:

Django

You are welcome to send back your original battery for testing if it is faulty we can refill it with the cells from a battery Ching has sent . . . .

<snip>

One final point we will not be replacing anyones battery that is over six months old . . . .

Best regards

Scott
It seems then, in fact, that I am not welcome to send back my battery because, as you know full well, it is over six months old. Batteries over six months old were, as you also know, the whole focus of Mr Ching's offer.

But, now that you have finally seen fit to reply to me with an answer (that you have no intention whatsoever of fulfiling your moral duty as the people who sold me a defective battery) I have no need to ask again.

It may be totally unsatisfactory, and it may have taken a ridiculous amount of time in coming, but at least it is a proper answer, so thank you for that.

I genuinely wish 50cycles the very best of luck in the future. I hope you learn from your mistakes and that with Kalkhoff, you get it right.

Cheers,

Django

Joe

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2008
well scott heres hoping the opinions concur with the quality of the products you sell and if the kalkhoffs are anything to go by in this forum you can expect when people get their hands and feet on them you will be laden with positive comments. :)

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
Well, I don't quite see why you direct all of that at me, Scott, given that most of it I haven't even commented upon and almost all of the rest isn't applicable to me
Django,

In reality, I don't think that was all really directed at you. There are many elements in Scott's posting that line up exactly with a conversation I had with one of his colleagues the day before. That could explain why you are seeing things in there that you might not recognise.

You are right, though, to highlight the last paragraph:

One final point we will not be replacing anyones battery that is over six months old, second hand ....

That would be a summary of one of the messages they were at pains to send to me.

Nick

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Just to clear this up reagrding the start of the thread.
Did Jeanette replace her L-ion Battery with Nimh Batteries?
Why was this done?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The earlier Li-ion batteries gave trouble with cutting out during high load situations like steep hill climbing and also suffering a short life. Later Li-ions have improved, but understandably, trust has been lost, so some have returned to the earlier NiMh type. These had a slightly lower performance and a bit less range, but would never cut out, so could be relied upon.

These advances in batteries are continuous, and there will be even better Li-ion batteries to follow, but one could wait for ever of course!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No, not yet. It's less likely to occur now for two reasons, the cutoff point being changed, and the bikes being speed limited now. Much of the problem came from delimited bikes used on full throttle without enough rider contribution.

All these technology advances carry risk, and as I advise on my Torq website, those who are risk averse shouldn't buy the new types. Personally I'm happy to take the odd risk, and accept the occasions when it doesn't pay off, but each to their own.

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Its nice to see 50 cycles, trying to look after ther old ezee customers battery needs with better replacements,although i can understand people complaining about them on here, if their battery had been cutting out,if i had spent £1200 on a bike and it was cutting out after a couple of months, i would be annoyed and er indoors would have been moaning at me,making me very annoyed,or being fobbed off on delivery dates.