Not making the same mistake twice.

Blunderbuss

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2018
Cambridge
I am now looking to get my other half setup with an ebike, and having got it wrong with what i thought i needed for my bike (more power = better - how wrong I was) i would welcome your opinions of fulfilling the following criteria:

Kit needs to fit to a 14" frame, 26" wheel mtb.
Rider weighs 50kg.
Doing up to 40 mile pleasure rides all offroad - rolling hills
Doing sub 20mph (averaging 10 to 15mph) except on the very occasional bit of long smooth downhill
Would want to keep up with my bafang 500w bike which is run on a 48v battery (i'm over 90kg)

I am now fairly accomplished at fitting kits so happy to consider anything if it gets a good ride experience.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I am now looking to get my other half setup with an ebike, and having got it wrong with what i thought i needed for my bike (more power = better - how wrong I was) i would welcome your opinions of fulfilling the following criteria:

Kit needs to fit to a 14" frame, 26" wheel mtb.
Rider weighs 50kg.
Doing up to 40 mile pleasure rides all offroad - rolling hills
Doing sub 20mph (averaging 10 to 15mph) except on the very occasional bit of long smooth downhill
Would want to keep up with my bafang 500w bike which is run on a 48v battery (i'm over 90kg)

I am now fairly accomplished at fitting kits so happy to consider anything if it gets a good ride experience.
Bafang BBS01B with 15AH battery.

• Agree
Reactions: Fordulike