Nyon or Kiox retrofit?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i have 2 motors and can swap them out in 15 mins i have a torque wrench but just do them up as tight as i can.

Vim Fuego

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
All fitted and working. Went for a ride, as so far impressed with the unit, it's attractive and responsive.

My only wish would be some widgets for Bluetooth music controls.

Reactions: The Silverfox

The Silverfox

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2021
Cardiff, UK
All fitted and working. Went for a ride, as so far impressed with the unit, it's attractive and responsive.

My only wish would be some widgets for Bluetooth music controls.
Glad you got it fitted easily. That weekend job turned out to be a mid-week job. I guess you couldn’t wait until the weekend to get it installed. :)

Interesting that you say it is responsive, I find mine is quite sluggish at times and sometimes doesn’t respond to a touch and I have to do it again. I do have a screen protector on it so I wonder whether that might be causing it.

The navigation can be a bit weird at times. I planned a round trip on Komoot the other day starting at home, going to a couple of waypoints and then back home. As I was leaving I switched it on to navigate and it just said you’re at your destination. As I rode away it kept wanting me to do a U-turn to go back home. It was completely ignoring the two waypoints that were in the route. It may be user error, I’ll have to try experiment.

Vim Fuego

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
Haven't tried route planning yet, it's all set up to do so. My primary purchase reason was the smarts, not so much the routing, but the cost gap and upgrade hassle that I also needed to do for KIOX, it made sense to go all in with the NYON, rather than partially in.

Will plan a weekend route and see how it goes and post here.

Vim Fuego

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
The navigation can be a bit weird at times. I planned a round trip on Komoot the other day starting at home, going to a couple of waypoints and then back home. As I was leaving I switched it on to navigate and it just said you’re at your destination. As I rode away it kept wanting me to do a U-turn to go back home. It was completely ignoring the two waypoints that were in the route
I can help with that. I did something similar to me, I planned a route to start from a friend's house, started the navigation, but actually met him on the way. The navigation was obsessed about us going to his house (the official start point) before it would do anything else.

To fix; On the main navigation screen, there is a button you can change where routing starts from, and it defaulted to programmed start point. I changed it to next waypoint and it sorted itself out. It sounds like the same problem. I will try and find the exact wording s location of the button.

Perhaps this is now a bit off topic, and move to a nyon '21 thread...

Last edited:
Reactions: The Silverfox

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
I can help with that. I did something similar to me, I planned a route to start from a friend's house, started the navigation, but actually met him on the way. The navigation was obsessed about us going to his house (the official start point) before it would do anything else.

To fix; On the main navigation screen, there is a button you can change where routing starts from, and it defaulted to programmed start point. I changed it to next waypoint and it sorted itself out. It sounds like the same problem. I will try and find the exact wording s location of the button.

I have the same thing with Kamoot on the Nyon 21. I think when adding the way points on the map, it’s not quite that precise and sometimes wants me to go down a drive, then back again. It doesn’t like it if you don’t do it and as you say, can nag you.

Vim Fuego

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
Created a new thread specifically for Nyon Q/A and top tips.

The Silverfox

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2021
Cardiff, UK

Thanks. I’ll try that next time.