Oh to be young again......

stranger

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2009
New Forest. Hants.
What a lovely blithe fun video that is. Quite how the camera person was in the right places at the right times beats me. :eek:

I love the folks at the end, all peering over the edge at the flying bike.

And what a splendidly 'trained' bicycle. Does it have special suspension. Or does HE?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
MacAskill is truly a brilliant rider with superb balance, those fence clearing leaps are amazing, and some of the drops were scary to say the least.

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
That is just totally unbelievable and the most amazing things I've ever seen done with a bike. Thanks for the link.

wibble

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2008
Kungfu on a bike.

These guys just keep on getting better. Where will it end?.

I expect to see them flying by 2015.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
absolutely wonderful stuff!

Here is some "Parkour"

YouTube - best of David Belle´s videos
I never really get the big deal with those guys, the videos are always a handful of impressive stunts padded out with a load of rubbish that any half decent gymnast could do. The impressive stunts are that way mainly because of a large drop involved rather than any physical achievement.

The cyclist for me is far more impressive.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I never really get the big deal with those guys, the videos are always a handful of impressive stunts padded out with a load of rubbish that any half decent gymnast could do. The impressive stunts are that way mainly because of a large drop involved rather than any physical achievement.

The cyclist for me is far more impressive.
I totally agree......Just posted as a view on what can be done without a bike, more posturing and nowhere near as poetic as the cyclist.......

Straylight

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2009
Maybe the next Bond will get up to date, and have a chase sequence on e-bikes :D

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
The Telegraph has already said that if James Bond rode a bike it would be a Cytronex:
Personally I'd like to see someone do those stunts on a Powabyke Shopper (any volunteers?) :p

Patrick
If James Bond ever rode an electric bicycle it would not be a Cytronex. He'd most definately be shaken but not stirred.

No, I see him on something more like a Go-Cycle racing along at a breakneck pace of 16MPH!. Obviously it's not going to be anything like up to the job but that's never been an issue in a Bond film yet.
Danny MacAskill would be the stunt man of choice giving Bond plenty of scope for some stylish breathtaking action. Maybe a chase across the top of some spiked railings thrown in for good measure.

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
Nah, Bond would be on a Wisper, but he would have a really high speed 'off-road' switch that after pressing started a countdown in the portable cold-fusion battery pack :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
With BMX an Olympic sport in 2012, will Danny MacAskill be representing us?

I can only hope so.

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Portable cold fusion battery. I want one. I believe they come in flasks :D

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Unfortunately in recent times Bond will be on the product of whoever pays the most, I gave up watching the films after they became a BMW and Nokia advert. :(

wibble

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2008
With BMX an Olympic sport in 2012, will Danny MacAskill be representing us?

I can only hope so.
I don't think Danny is a BMX rider. Although I'm quite sure he's competent on one.

Also, I've not looked into it, but I suspect that BMX at the olympics will be staged around the racing, and not tricks.

BMX is mostly about racing or ramp tricks. I doubt that Danny would be able to compete at either because they're very different from street trials.

Street trials came from this:

Bike trials - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although there's now trial bikes with 20" wheels which look just like BMX. So it's all becoming a blur :)

Phil the drill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2008
TR9
Amazing stuff from Danny.
Bond however, has been well and truly beaten to it in the bicycle chase action movie stuff by Jackie Chan...... If you want to see an entertaining bicycle chase you'll find it in the film 'Project A' - starring Jackie Chan and Samo Hung. The scene is fairly short and not as dramatic as Danny's stuff, but it is very entertaining and well choreographed and like all JC's stuff it was filmed live, without trick photography or stunt doubles! Good fun film (Chinese and subtitled in English).

Phil