old BATT.

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Hi all does anybody know if a second hand Bafung Batt. has a value 36 volt .? ..! or would it be scrap ? the plastic around the key lock is cracked and there is no key for it :(:confused:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If lithium, it depends on it's age. If it's 18 months old or older, really it's not worth bothering with. They really only have much value up to a year old.

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Ok Flecc thanks for your reply understood .. its just a shame cos i know the batt. is ok and i think the cracking has occured from the locking bar that clips into the rear carrier as im sure that is a stress point when bashing over pot holes . mind i dont have any keys for it so it.s irrelevant realy thanks again ..

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
I want to help on this but I don't understand what you've said.
Even if the battery is older it may be worth salvaging as even if its at 70% its capacity you can still get a good 10 miles out of it or even use it as a backup battery.

The lock bit also screws of on the carrier. Not exactly the most secure design. An if its the case or carrier thats broken that could be either repaired or a new case / carrier brought.

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Hi Scottyf sos. took so long to get back to you but have been a tad busy ,i have been up too Onbike they said they would have a look at it for me i.e. find an old lock barrel and keys to fit in to it they have a few scrap ones there then praps . if i can get some type of filler to try and fill the cracks in the case, somebody might have it as a spare cos . there is life left in it