on to pastures new

theskip1

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2010
sm6
i think it is about time for me to say goodbye. i would like to say that i have engoyed most of my time on this forum. it is a pity that there are a few who will not let one have there say without scoring a few brownie points by trying to shoot one down in flames. having to explain the agument from the begining because people do not bother to read all the coments first,name calling and being pulled up on ones spelling is not the way i like to discuss a topic.
i have to say most people on this forum are willing to listen to diferent opinions but sadly there are those for whom it is black and white with no shades of grey in-between.
tony

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Can`t say I have found that Skip , although I have only been on here for 6 months . Why not have a gap of a few weeks instead ?

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
i think it is about time for me to say goodbye. i would like to say that i have engoyed most of my time on this forum. it is a pity that there are a few who will not let one have there say without scoring a few brownie points by trying to shoot one down in flames. having to explain the agument from the begining because people do not bother to read all the coments first,name calling and being pulled up on ones spelling is not the way i like to discuss a topic.
i have to say most people on this forum are willing to listen to diferent opinions but sadly there are those for whom it is black and white with no shades of grey in-between.
tony

There's no need for that Skip. It was only one topic and I'm sure you can provide intelligent, constructive and meaningful comment and advice on lots of other matters.

Regards,
Indalo

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Its sad that you feel that way and I saw the exchanges earlier today that has probably brought this about, and I sympathise......But I would reconsider and stick around and just ignore the sanctimonious few...All in all a really good group of people on here I think, and we cant afford to loose anyone!:D

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
I have also found the same on motorcycle sites that I frequent.

My belief is that everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, that includes me.

But if I ever got into a situation where someone was getting abusive I would report them to the moderator.

At the end of the day we are discussing bikes, not world peace or global warming. If I were that upset by someone on here I would just ignore their posts.

Don`t leave Skip I am sure things will balance out now you have expressed this.

Steve

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Tony

I second the sentiments above, urging you not to leave us. It's important for the health of a forum for it to express all shades of opinion and experience and the forum will be lessened without your contributions. Just ignore those who cannot appreciate your right of expression by using tolerance and humour to pass it by and shrug it off.

You'll possibly have seen how frequently this Tony comes under attack, and if I left the forum each time I'd probably be saying goodbye every day!

theskip1

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2010
sm6
having heard these sentiments i may do as sugested and take a break from comenting for a little while and be an obsever i will of course try to help people where i can with request for help.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi

theskip1

I remember my school days

There was a good saying

Sticks and stones will break my bones but names wont HURT me:mad:

this forum need Input from a person like yourself:cool:

Frank:cool:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
having heard these sentiments i may do as sugested and take a break from comenting for a little while and be an obsever i will of course try to help people where i can with request for help.
Good decision Tony. Longer term members will remember when I once left the forum for a short while for similar reasons, returning after a break.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
theskip1

I am the offender here. It was me that was at fault for making disparaging remarks. I don’t agree with you over the question of bike speed, but that is no excuse for being abusive.

I made the remarks about you publicly, so for any offence caused by my personal remarks, I offer you an apology.

You should not leave this forum over these issues. You have done nothing other than offer an opinion on a subject. Something we should all be able to do without being subjected to personal nastiness.

It is no excuse, but I do get a bit excited over the subject of bike speed. I have had two other major interests destroyed by people pushing the boundaries of acceptability.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
There are a few childish speed merchants on here who bring the forum into disrepute IMO. BUT for the life of me, how skips contributions could be interpreted as falling int this category is quite frankly astonishing!

D

Deleted member 4366

Tony, I empathise with you completely. I too feel that I have been humiliated on this forum by Flecc, who more or less accused me of lying about the range that I get from my bike. For that reason I've also decided not to post further on this forum. As far as I can see, he treats anybody that tries to challenge anything he says in this way. I think he does that so that he can maintain his position as Pedelec Guru, but that's only my opinion. So now I'll leave you to what I see as his sweeping statements and selective facts, which will now remain unchallenged. It's been fun while I've been here, I wish you all the best and hope that you all find what you're looking for.

Before I go, I just want to make it absolutely clear that I have never fabricated any information that I've posted. Those that know me know that I take pride in my integrity and honesty. Please don't ask me to justify my actions or these comments because I won't be replying. You'll have to look back through my posts if you want to know what it's all about. Bye.

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Hi Tony,
i know some times folk can be cruel,and unkind ,its just the way some folk are ,and some dont mean what they say ,but that does not make anyone better than you ,just different, Words cant hurt you ,it really is in this troubled world better to hold your head high and smile and be joyful of all the wonders in life and enjoy every moment as tho it was your last ,after all we are only talking about bikes ,who won the race makes no difference, who found the joy of being apart of it does ,stay strong my friend your opinion counts ,my very best wishes Brian.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Tony, I empathise with you completely. I too feel that I have been humiliated on this forum by Flecc, who more or less accused me of lying about the range that I get from my bike. For that reason I've also decided not to post further on this forum. As far as I can see, he treats anybody that tries to challenge anything he says in this way. I think he does that so that he can maintain his position as Pedelec Guru, but that's only my opinion. So now I'll leave you to what I see as his sweeping statements and selective facts, which will now remain unchallenged. It's been fun while I've been here, I wish you all the best and hope that you all find what you're looking for.

Before I go, I just want to make it absolutely clear that I have never fabricated any information that I've posted. Those that know me know that I take pride in my integrity and honesty. Please don't ask me to justify my actions or these comments because I won't be replying. You'll have to look back through my posts if you want to know what it's all about. Bye.
I, for one and for what it's worth, will be disappointed if you go through with your stated intention to disassociate yourself from the forum. In my view, you've contributed some very useful information while I've been reading these pages and I'm certain that others share my opinion on that.

You should allow others to make their own determination when you become embroiled in disagreement, whether with flecc or anyone else, rather than simply take umbrage and walk away from the forum. You might be pleasantly surprised at the number of readers who would rather you remain on board. There is a silent majority who view these pages regularly.

Regards,
Indalo

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
I have to chime in: d8veh, your contributions on this forum are well thought of, the help you give other members on fault finding and advise for bike building is of great value. I read your exchange with Flecc and TBH I see both sides of the argument and feel that if you had the conversation face to face you would both see each side of the argument and there would be no animosity or ill feeling, the written word can be such a blunt instrument that its interpretation can often be wrong...to leave the forum over a dispute with another member helps nobody, just agree to disagree and move on. Your choice is to leave or stay and help the people who appreciate your input, the easiest option is to leave.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Tony, I empathise with you completely. I too feel that I have been humiliated on this forum by Flecc, who more or less accused me of lying about the range that I get from my bike. For that reason I've also decided not to post further on this forum.
d8veh, I'm shocked by your accusation for I did nothng of the sort. In fact I took great care to emphasise that I was not questioning that 70 miles, just saying it was exceptional with a hub motor and not the norm that you seemed to feel. I have never for one second doubted that range, still don't and would never on any account accuse anyone of lying online about such a thing.

Although you have only been a member of the forum for a few months, you have quickly established yourself as an important respected member whose advice posts have been greatly appreciated by many including me.

That said, I cannot be dictated to on how I post any more than I would dictate the same to you. We all have our own opinions, knowledge and style of posting, and these are ours and ours alone.

So that others may judge, the link below was where you decided to tell me how I must post to suit you, my polite response and the dispute following the less-than-polite attack you launched where anyone can see how I said I did not doubt your ability:

Link to post referred to

If members feel I am the one in the wrong, I will happily leave this forum without any feelings of malice so that you can remain.

And as I've so often posted, the title guru is honorary, unasked for, and I place no value on it. You are very welcome to have it instead of me.

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Blimey! How sensitive some can become, that most of the time appear completely rational......

So a few members have had a difference of opinion? Big deal! PLEASE get over yourselves lol

Last edited:

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
To be honest I jumped on the bandwagon also.
Maybe I should stop posting during work and actually do some work ;-)

Humblest apologies.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
And as I've so often posted, the title guru is honorary, unasked for, and I place no value on it. You are very welcome to have it instead of me.
If I can't divest myself of the "senior" part of my description, I shouldn't think you have much chance of divesting yourself of guru flecc.

Plain, basic-grade, dog-soldier "member" suits me fine and if others are happy to be designated "senior" that's fine by me but I'd rather not.

Regards,
Indalo