Order from GreenBikeKit

vhfman

Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2008
Just received my order from GreenBikeKit today 10/09/12.

I placed my order for 3 controllers, some thumb throttles and a few other bits & bobs, on the 5/09/12. I noticed that the item was at the local sorting office on Sunday, so it might have been here a day sooner, if not for the weekend.

I think that is very good turn round from China, and much faster than my last order I made with BMSBattery, which took over 3 weeks to arrive.

And another good thing, no extra charges in the UK.

The prices and delivery charges are lower than BMSBattery. My order came to about £80 including P&P.

The 3 controllers I got are: CON121, CON91 and CON62

I had a look in the 36 V CON91 It looks like a well made PCB, which has 9 FETs STP80NF70

Data on the FETs:

VDSS 68 V
RDS(on) max 9.8 mOhm
ID 98 A

The caps are 63v

There is a STM8S 8-bit MCU but I can’t see any 5 pin programming header on the PCB so not easily programmable.

GreenBikeKit seem to be a good alternative to BMSBattery stocking very similar items.

Chris

D

Deleted member 4366

I think that those are identical to KU series from BMSBattery. Although there's no header, it does have the pads. I remember seeing tx and rx marked on it. Is it that row of 6 just to right of middle back-side view about 1/2" down.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
This looks like an interesting and promising new online store :)

Regards

Jerry

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Yes, what are the pads under the orange wire and just above the 'RFD4845' label?

What are the markings on the main controller chip?

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
Thanks for posting those pictures, any chance of another showing the cables and plugs?
I'm trying to figure out if they have the cruise control and speed switch connections.

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
I concur with your good experience of Greenbikekit.

I sent a question asking about a cute 100 motor (GBK-100f on thier website) on a sat, answered same day, order placed Sunday, motor was delivered thursday - well packaged and good price and reasonable postage costs.

I'll certainly use them again.

OFC, no idea what thier warranty situation is like but for the price I'd be willing to simply write off a dud product.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Yes any warranty return is outweighed by the cost of return postage.

I am looking for a higher capacity light weight battery for longer trips on my bike and am seriously considering one of these.

e-bike 36v 8.8Ah lithium ion rear rack battery with light weight and good quality-Greenbikekit online store for electric bicycle components-GreenBikeKit.com

Or maybe these

36V8.8AH bottle battery/ dolphin battery for electric bicycle, mounted on e-bike frame online store for electric bicycle components-GreenBikeKit.com

I only draw about 4-6amps continuous on my light assist so these batteries would be fine. There is a balance though between getting something here that would have a warranty and taking a risk with import duty.

I also like the idea of having a battery that is serviceable, which makes me more inclined to maybe go for headway offerings albeit there would then be a weight penalty.

Regards

Jerry

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Oh, I do like the look of that Green Bike Kit supplier - since a couple of days ago, a lot more stuff has appeared on their site and at good prices, too. I'm inclined to look seriously at them as a supplier for my next project bits and pieces.

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
Never mind a photo of the wires/connectors vhfman, i can can see the label better now i am home on the PC instead of my mobile....doh!!!!

I was checking the prices and shipping the other night, they are much more reasonable, i have put in a small order just to check them out and make sure it gets to my home address, then i'm going to order up a couple of controllers and motors.