Ortler Wien 7-Speed

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
I definitely need to do something about the chain. It's so slack it came off this morning. Normally that's a 10-second job to put right, but this bike has a coaster brake, so the normal back pedalling method wouldn't work. It was a bit of a faff to get it back on, but I got there. It really is very slack and needs a link or two removing. BUT I will bear the advice above in mind.
If chain is stretched that much you should be looking at replacing it.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
The bike is running very well. I will soon be fitting the Marathon Winters to it. I did an 18-mile ride on it this afternoon and it did the job admirably. The replacement front light does an adequate job, if not brilliant. I had a new chain fitted and the rear wheel trued recently. The previous owner must've clunked it up a kerb at some stage, as there was quite a dent in the rear rim. Other than that, it does a very good job of getting me swiftly from A to B.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
The battery ran out yesterday - my fault. I had a 4-mile journey home and it proved to be a very easy ride home. It runs very well unpowered, which is in contrast with my Oxygen, which is a beast to ride with a flat battery.

Nov 28, 2018
Thanks for the link, it's very useful. It estimates 35Km range at 25Km/h. Touch and go with a Badass fitted...
I have the 300 watt battery too and my estimated range never varies. It always says 37 miles left no matter the state of the battery. I was told by the dealer that it isn't the most accurate bit of kit on the bike and not to give it too much credence. He was absolutely right. I do fifteen mile stints regularly and the battery charge indicator rarely goes down to four bars. I ride OFF on the flat unless there is a strong head wind and usually only use ECO, very rarely going into TOUR. Given the short recharge times too I really do take the 37 mile indicated range with a pinch of salt. My own estimate would seem to agree with Bosch's online calculator of approx 90 miles but I would be delighted with 60 miles which I think is quite attainable.