Banned
Jul 7, 2008
its hard to compete with people using automatic bidding software:rolleyes:

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
its hard to compete with people using automatic bidding software:rolleyes:
Not if you are willing to bid more than the person using the software.
I don't use the software but sometimes I wait until the last few seconds before bidding, it stops people valuing it by my bid. It's not a bad tactic and similar games are played in proper auctions. EBay just don't like it as it reduces their cut.

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
I can only think that a couple of people got carried away and haven't been researching the market - £946 is highest I have seen for an Agattu (of that age at any rate). The most I would have expected it to go for would be £800. Well done to the seller I would say.

Erik

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2008
At an auction you win if you want to pay more than the market value for an item.

At a licitation you win if you want less for a project than the people who made the right calculations,

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Not if you are willing to bid more than the person using the software.
I don't use the software but sometimes I wait until the last few seconds before bidding, it stops people valuing it by my bid. It's not a bad tactic and similar games are played in proper auctions. EBay just don't like it as it reduces their cut.
my son and I do the same, it is exciting and nerve racking at the same time (I am not a gambler! lol) We wait till the last minute literally....and then at approx 10 - 20 seconds before put in a bid. it works sometimes:rolleyes:

I think its best to bid less obvious amounts as well, not £40 but £41.87 for example

Last edited:

Shroppielass

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2008
Shrewsbury

Attachments

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009
I can only think that a couple of people got carried away and haven't been researching the market - £946 is highest I have seen for an Agattu (of that age at any rate). The most I would have expected it to go for would be £800. Well done to the seller I would say.
The credit crunch has seen used car prices appreciating in value over the year for the first time. Perhaps e-bikes have also appeciated in value especially since the limited supply of new models seem to sell out very quickly.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Hi Tim,
Might be a good idea to tell your demonstrators that you are about to launch a sale. I demoed twice last week ( with one definite sale!) and heading for another two this week , and I was none the wiser until I stumbled on this post.
bw
musicbooks
It's hot off the press, honest! There's an email scheduled to go out to all Kalkhoff owners tomorrow about it, I know a lot of people are considering buying another for their spouse, have friends who are interested, so it's not in our interests to keep it quiet!