Oxydrive kits

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Yep all connectors must have been checked 10 times by now, all are fully pushed home and pins are in excellent order.
Not home, all the way to the line!

There is no restraint on the wires coming out of the controller, so if you pull them too hard during installation, it's possible to pull any connector half out or pull a pin out of the connector. I had to repair two bikes that had that fault. When you check, put a couple of cable ties around the cables inside the controller to take the strain.

Last edited:

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
Cheers yes the motor connector has always been in up to the line. Shame cos that would have been a simple fix!

The controller was mounted really carefully, I am always mindful of pulling on any wires. All the plugs inside were fully home too when I took the cover off the other day. There isnt even any movement on the wires where they exit as everything is cable tied down around the frame.

I am suspecting a dodgy wire in the motor or somewhere along the wire but everything I have read about Bafang is that its really reliable. Plus from memory I think this kit has done less than 500 miles, and rarely seen rain. I just dont know :(