Help! Oxygen eMate Revival - Electrics Replacement Guidance Needed, Please

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
My Oxygen eMate is fine mechanically, but was always flaky electrically. As a result, it's sat unused in a garage for 2 years. To get it going again, I'll need to replace the entire electrical system, of course. I want to get it going again to use off road. My Cube Kathmandu Pro is a superb machine, but it's not happy on bumpy trails for which it wasn't designed.

I've been looking for a controller and display to start things off. The eMate has waterproof, quick-release connectors to the hydraulic disc brakes, display & PAS, so a new controller should be able to reuse those to make the change-over easier. I've found a controller on eBay here but there is one cable that says '1to4 cable (8 pin) (for throttle, ebrake, display)'. I don't have easy access to the bike to check, but will the eMate have a suitable connector for the brakes and display?

Whilst I'm here, is there a compatible display available on eBay?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
IIRC, the Oxygen had the old type of 4-way harness, not the Julet connectors that they have now. Show a picture of what's on your brakes.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
The bike isn't easily accessible, I'm afraid...

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
To be honest, If it were my bike, I'd chuck all that and use a KT controller withe individual cables and block connectors. they're much less trouble and it's easier to test and diagnose problems.

Apr 12, 2022
My Oxygen eMate is fine mechanically, but was always flaky electrically. As a result, it's sat unused in a garage for 2 years. To get it going again, I'll need to replace the entire electrical system, of course. I want to get it going again to use off road. My Cube Kathmandu Pro is a superb machine, but it's not happy on bumpy trails for which it wasn't designed.

I've been looking for a controller and display to start things off. The eMate has waterproof, quick-release connectors to the hydraulic disc brakes, display & PAS, so a new controller should be able to reuse those to make the change-over easier. I've found a controller on eBay here but there is one cable that says '1to4 cable (8 pin) (for throttle, ebrake, display)'. I don't have easy access to the bike to check, but will the eMate have a suitable connector for the brakes and display?

Whilst I'm here, is there a compatible display available on eBay?
Hi, I have an emate 2015 model and I need a new display. Oxygen can not supply one. Any guidance please