JPGiant

Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire

grahamx

Pedelecer
Dec 18, 2017
uk
Hows the original battery pack bearing up after use. I've noticed recently that my oxygen s-cross was charging to 42v but gradually the max has been dropping to 41.7 over the summer/autumn period. Bike has 500 miles on it but only clocked up 30 miles in its first year before my ownership late 2017 gets used once or twice a week now.

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Ive done 6000 odd miles on it now, not noticed any deterioration in the battery. For the most part of that, it was getting heavily used, charged twice a day 4 or 5 times a week.
Its always read 41.7 volts on the biked fully charged.
Only getting charged daily now as Im only doing around 13 miles a day

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
6300 miles clocked up now, still running sweet.

The current chain and cassette have done a fair few miles, I’ve got replacements waiting to go on, but despite the chain being overstretched it’s still working fine, so going to wait until it starts playing up.

After doing the headset bearings, I’m thinking it might be a good time to look at the bottom bearings...the crank?.....not sure of the technical term...

I am getting a slight clicking sound from that area when pedalling...gets loader the harder I pedal. I’ve changed the pedals recently, so it’s not them.

Not sure what’s involved in this job or if any special tools are needed to get the crank off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Ive had the Oxygen for around 20 months now, and very close to 7000 miles.
Pretty amazing really when you compare it to others which I had before which struggled to get to 1000....thankfuly they seem like distant memories now.

Dont regret buying the oxygen at all, and wish I had known about it earlier and saved myself a few quid!

Everything running as smooth as clockwork on it now. I am doing around a 3rd of the mileage sinnce I changed jobs, but still probably most than the regular user, and its holding up well in all weathers.

Had the spiked tyres on for a couple of months now, wouldnt ride without them in the coldest weathers as the cycle paths I use arent treated and quite dangerous at this time of year.

Had a slight issue wit the pedal sensor last week, where it would internittently cut out. Traced it back to the sensor easily enough. Spent a week or so using the throttle to help me along when it played up, so no major drama...so happy that I asked for the throttle now :)

New sensor arrived from Dale at Oxygen last week, finally got round to fitting it this morning.

Hardest part was working out how to remove the pedal bar (or whatever its called) without skinning my knuckles....which of course I did before I found the simpe way to do it.

5 minutes later and the old one was off and the new one on, and everything working as it should.

Still have a new chain and cassette to go on, which I bought a while ago, but there doesnt seem much point changing it yet as no issues.

Thanks again t Dale at Oxygen for the quick despatch of the sensor, and the help.

As i have said before, cant recommend the Oxygen enough. Cracking bikes.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
I enjoy reading these ongoing reviews, especially those that cover big miles day in day out, thanks for the update Andy

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
I enjoy reading these ongoing reviews, especially those that cover big miles day in day out, thanks for the update Andy
Thanks egroover

Hard to know what to update with these days as it runs so smoothly...dont want it to look like im only posting when there is a small problem, as it doesnt really reflect on the bike.

Hopefully when this horrible winter is gone, Ill be doing a few more miles at the weekend going on droning adventures and I can put some of that up here :)

Sep 19, 2018
Hi Andy ,

Thanks for the on going review , as always if you need any help or advice please feel to contact us that goes for anyone who has a oxygen bike.

Thanks

Related Articles

Advertisers