Panasonic 300W 15Ah suspension moutain bike (photos)

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
This has gotta be good

(Flyer X model from Switzerland, on sale in May 2010...expensive 5000GBP overhere apparently)

Last edited:

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
...Or lights....:mad: :mad:

jkirkebo

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2009
...Or lights....:mad: :mad:
Standard lights (at least fronts) are always complete crap anyway. My Ezee Forza came with a LED front light, good for no more than be seen. Didn't light up the road for me at all. I ripped it off and exhanged it for a proper light, a TrailTech 30W HID spot & a DC-DC converter. Now I can see at night :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I reported a little while ago on rumours of a 15 Ah battery from Panasonic. Judging from the casing on this it appears to be the genuine article and not just a Flyer special production, and it seems to gain it's bulk in width rather than lots of extra height.

Hopefully it will fit existing models which could give an up to 80 miles range at my maximum, over 90 miles for Fecn!

It could also be useful for those who've changed their gearing and only get around 20 to 25 miles range at present.

JamesC

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2007
Peterborough, UK
I reported a little while ago on rumours of a 15 Ah battery from Panasonic. Judging from the casing on this it appears to be the genuine article and not just a Flyer special production, and it seems to gain it's bulk in width rather than lots of extra height.

Hopefully it will fit existing models which could give an up to 80 miles range at my maximum, over 90 miles for Fecn!

It could also be useful for those who've changed their gearing and only get around 20 to 25 miles range at present.
Thanks for pointing that out Flecc.

As one who uses a smaller, 49 cm, frame size of the Pro Connect, there is precious little extra height available for a taller battery.

James

winterdog

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2009
Standard lights (at least fronts) are always complete crap anyway. My Ezee Forza came with a LED front light, good for no more than be seen. Didn't light up the road for me at all. I ripped it off and exhanged it for a proper light, a TrailTech 30W HID spot & a DC-DC converter. Now I can see at night :D
what was the dc-dc converter you have got i was looking for a quick rectifyer i could plug in-line to to my hub dynamo (trying to drive a MCE LED off of it)

jkirkebo

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2009
The DC-DC converter is from ebikes.ca. The normal model is 12V/2A but they offered to build me a 20V/2A in the same case. $55 + shipping or thereabouts.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Now that's quality, love the look of that display.

A set of mudguards and lights and off you go, I must get saving :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As one who uses a smaller, 49 cm, frame size of the Pro Connect, there is precious little extra height available for a taller battery.

James
Yes, I'd noticed that height limitation on the 49 and 45 cm frames James, the 45 cm Agattu also has a front mounted front brake and different suspension forks.

We vertically challenged people are discriminated against by this heightism!

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
BikeTec - X-Serie. *

Looks really good, I wonder whether many more manufacturers will be using this new Panasonic system. May be a little cheaper

Was kinda hoping E Motion would come out with one........

this is over £4000 I think.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This X series is very nice and highlights the intrinsic benefit of having a centrally mounted motor and battery for
rough country work that I've commented on previously. Whether with rear suspension or not, very much better
than a hub motor which is exposed to all the shocks.

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Will there be a similar Panasonic version from Kalkhoff?

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009

Hopefully it will fit existing models ...
According to reports from Eurobike '09, the cranks and the battery support need to be upgraded in order to receive the new larger 15Ah battery. Once modified, the battery support cannot accommodate the smaller 10Ah battery anymore...(without removing a special slot thing

The extra 5Ah will be available at approximately a 300 Euros premium over the regular battery (apparently the recommended retail price for the 15Ah battery is 730 Euro, 460 Euro for 10 Ah.). The 300W upgrade is available for an extra 200 Euros over the regular 250W motor.

The best is to talk to Flyer directly, as information is pretty vague.

Cheers, Dan

Last edited:

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London