Panasonic 300W 15Ah suspension moutain bike (photos)

Fecn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2008
Warlingham, Surrey
Hopefully it will fit existing models which could give an up to 80 miles range at my maximum, over 90 miles for Fecn!
Pah - it's not me who can get those crazy distances out of the batteries - It's my far fitter and healthier friends. It'd be more like 30 miles for me currently.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Pah - it's not me who can get those crazy distances out of the batteries - It's my far fitter and healthier friends. It'd be more like 30 miles for me currently.
:D. I had your 60 plus miles run in mind, Eastbourne I think.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
According to reports from Eurobike '09, the cranks and the battery support need to be upgraded in order to receive the new larger 15Ah battery. Once modified, the battery support cannot accommodate the smaller 10Ah battery anymore...(without removing a special slot thing

The extra 5Ah will be available at approximately a 300 Euros premium over the regular battery (apparently the recommended retail price for the 15Ah battery is 730 Euro, 460 Euro for 10 Ah.). The 300W upgrade is available for an extra 200 Euros over the regular 250W motor.
Thanks Dan, a pity that so much needs to be changed, especially the already fairly wide crank separation made even wider. In view of this I wouldn't bother with it on the other models, but the 300 watts could be welcome, though the range would take a big hit if it was geared up for higher assist speeds as well.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I had a second battery for that. It was my mate Si who made all 62 miles with only a single battery.
Ah I see. You could have pretended to be superman, you'd have got away with it. :D

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
I had a second battery for that. It was my mate Si who made all 62 miles with only a single battery.
I plan to ride this route (well, the last 2 thirds of it) in the Spring. My 10Ah LiFePo4 battery (feeding a 250W Suzhou Bafang hub motor) should suffice on the way down, but the ascent being greater on the way back, I will probably bring a backup :D

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/4179-what-wonderful-day-part-2-route-21-ride-electric-eastbourne.html#post54025

stewart

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 24, 2009
best one so far

This X series flier looks to me to be the best pedelec i've seen so far.

BikeTec - X-Serie. *

Hydraulic disks, full rear shock (about 75mm cant make out which make), front about 100mm. This is a decent motorbike. The geometry of the frame with a fully extended shock means no bobbing when you pedal.

I've been riding Trek fuel and Giant NRS bikes with this geometry.for years ......best choice for winning e MTB, perfect on and off road.

Like with all decent bikes, you provide the accessories (mudgards, lights).

With the cycle scheme i'd only need er £3300. oh dear.

A Trek fuel with same spec would set you back £1500ish. With Pedelec costing £1000 more (motor/battery). So thats quite a dealer mark up at £4k!.

Nevertheless its the one to watch!
(for me)

Stew

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I picked up a Trek and Giant brochure today in LBS. The choice is bewildering....I want a rear Alfina hub and front suspension. I think I will have to get a bike and fit front suspension as its either or at the moment - it has the alfina but not the shocks or vis versa. If I cant find a suitable/adaptable light weight bike I may as well get another 905/906. The X series weighs as much as a wisper as well 23kg

the belt drive Trek solo (alfina) was nice and light........

Then rack/mudguards and a wisper Dapush kit:eek:

Last edited:

strider

Sep 17, 2009
Help

I think I am in need of counseling. Having been into the wonderful world of E- Biking for the last 12 months and already on my 2nd E-bike I am becoming addicted to the whole experience. I am currently in Peniscola with my wife (Kalhkof Aguttu) me( and my Giant ), friends Mike (new Wisper City Sport 905) and his wife Liz (Giant). Today we all rode 24 miles, yesterday it was 22 miles they day before it was 27 miles, we sat in a bar with a glass of wine tonight discussing A. where to ride tomorrow and B . E-bikes in general .We have had great support from Flecc when Mikes Powacycle Windsor gave up the ghost, and excellent service from Onbike who shipped out a new wisper to Mike in 24 hours :) What can I do ? Is there any help for the hopelesly addicted. What bike shall I buy next? How can I shut Mike up about how good his bloody wisper is. How can I get rid of the ridiculous grin on his face?
He is talking about getting up early tomorrow and taking sandwiches on the ride so that we can stay out longer!!!!! Help!!!!!

strider

Sep 17, 2009
Yep

Thanks , Blew It. I should have started a new thread I think, but with all the kindness shown on this Forum I have probably been forgiven already!