Panasonic batteries for old newbie

OldVicR

Just Joined
Mar 26, 2020
My name is Vic,
My wife and I have owned two Kalkhoff ebikes for several years, which we carry around in our camper van.
After long and reliable service the original NKY226B02 batteries are no longer holding a charge.
I have been searching for two replacements but to no avail.
Is anyone able to give me some guidance as to where I could buy these?
Many thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide.

Vic

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Here you are Vic, a UK supplier,

You can also get cheaper from Germany:

since Kalkhoff switched to using the equivalent batteries made by German manufacturer BMZ, and they are just as good as the originals. Indeed they may be better than the UK one above that I'm not familiar with.

The UK supplier doesn't give the battery capacity, but the German ones are probably twice the capacity of your original ones, enabling you to ride twice the distance between charges.

Last edited:

OldVicR

Just Joined
Mar 26, 2020
Thank you fleck.
I will contact them and enquire if they are able to help.
Given the present circumstances the may not be operating at the moment.
Many thanks.

Vic

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Bought one of the ’Geman’ batteries last May (2019) from a similar supplier based in Portsmouth and they get them in from Germany (think they may have more than one ebay name - batteries and exactly the same, price the same, picture the same). Works fine, and the 20.8Ah capacity is great, meaning greater distance, less recharge etc. Pleased with purchase, and will be back in the market soon for my wife‘s bike. I’m replacing original batteries on 2008 ProConnect Kalkhoff bikes (which have done 18,000 miles each). Even now these batteries are holding 80% of ofiginal capacity. Replacing batteries whilst they're about, may not always be around at competitive prices.

May not be in answering the phone, but online sales still in operation.

Reactions: flecc

OldVicR

Just Joined
Mar 26, 2020
Thank you oriteroom. Who was the dealer you used and who was the manufacturer?
The second link that fleck posted appears to be someone based in China who has sold one and now has just the last one to sell. Not really very encouraging.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Going to China might be costly if the battery has a fault and also the extra duty to import Lithium items. At the mo delays are inevitable so may not see anything for months.

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thank you oriteroom. Who was the dealer you used and who was the manufacturer?
The second link that fleck posted appears to be someone based in China who has sold one and now has just the last one to sell. Not really very encouraging.
It wasn't the only one, a search online for Kalkhoff Panasonc batteries usually shows other suppliers of the same batteries. There have been some in Germany where a large number of these e-bikes were sold, so some are probably still selling them.

OldVicR

Just Joined
Mar 26, 2020
Many thanks to everyone who replied and offered helpful advice.
I finished up by buying from "electropapa" in Germany. Great site - great selection of batteries - great to deal with and prompt delivery. The product fits, works and is chargeable using my original charger.
I was so pleased I immediately ordered a second battery for my wife's bike.