Panasonic battery problem - anyone had anything similar?

P

pete500

My battery has started dying completely, instantly going from two lights on the handlebar indicator (I've got a pro-connect) to utterly dead, not powering the headlight and not showing any leds on the unit itself. I'm in touch with 50cycles about it but am curious to know if anything like this has happened to anyone else.

P

pete500

One of the terminals on the battery is quite severely pitted, but both times it's cut out, it has been after travelling around the same distance. I put some more padding in the connection a few months back and it doesn't rattle now. I'll see what 50cycles say.

Thanks for getting back

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
My battery has started dying completely, instantly going from two lights on the handlebar indicator (I've got a pro-connect) to utterly dead, not powering the headlight and not showing any leds on the unit itself. I'm in touch with 50cycles about it but am curious to know if anything like this has happened to anyone else.
My battery drops from 2 lights on the handlebars to 1 flashing light over about 1 mile. The capacity check shows 4 lights.

I have tried performing conditioning discharges, but this only give a very tempoary improvement, with the battery quickly falling back to 4 capacity lights.

This battery is about 16 months old and has been used over about 4000 miles.