Panasonic's new battery

Bandit

Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2009
Hi Guys

Just thought I'd share this 'innovation' with you.

New high energy, high reliability lithium-ion battery module from Panasonic

Would that mean only 1 charge a week on a Kalkhoff?

:)

John
Depending on what the actual weight is (8KG is a lot more than 8.6 pounds), if they develop this module for their e-bike motors (probably not a high priority, but you never know) then it would certainly make a big difference. If it is 8 kilos, you might want to keep the lighter one for everyday use! :)

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Depending on what the actual weight is (8KG is a lot more than 8.6 pounds), if they develop this module for their e-bike motors (probably not a high priority, but you never know) then it would certainly make a big difference. If it is 8 kilos, you might want to keep the lighter one for everyday use! :)

That's over 17 pounds and 10.2 ounces for the unmetricated. I've not been done myself ;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This is typical of the sort of developments being produced for cars, we are very unlikely to see anything like it on their bike units since it wastes volume by using cylindrical cells. That's a major reason why they use soft pack polymer cells in the e-bike batteries, compactness and light weight being more important on bikes.