PAS Conversion kit for Right side of bike

GASBAGSMike

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2017
Great Ayton
I have bought the KT-D12L to check it out before the main kit as I was concerned that it would not fit on my Koga Signature bike - it would fit on a much older bike with a square taper BB. I will upload the sensor head which is inscribed KT-D12LKT-D12L.jpg

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
don't worry about this, Mike.
Lots of members have fitted the pedal sensors to bottom brackets with external ballbearings. You probably won't have to buy anything.
We usually supply a pre-drilled (45mm diameter hole) 12 magnet disc with a metal ring, you cabletie the ring to the spokes of the belt ring. The sensor head is mounted to an adapter for mounting to the seat tube.

D

Deleted member 4366

That PAS is handed, so can't be fitted on the wrong side. Like I said before, you can take any cheapo PAS, fit it on the right side and swap connectors with the OEM one. You don't even need connectors. When would you ever need to disconnect one? You can cut both connectors off and solder the wires. You're making a big fuss about nothing.

GASBAGSMike

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2017
Great Ayton
Hi Woosh, I have been looking at your excellent website. I have friends that are looking at buying electric bikes and I will pass on to them.
My disc needs a 45mm cutout and it might be easier to buy one of yours if that is possible. I like the way that you have tied on the disc with cable ties. As regards my sensor, you have the KT-D12L in your photographs with the kit and with the Higo connector. I was expecting that i would need the KT-D12R with a Higo connector. How do you get a sensor that works the right way around?

Thanks Mike

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I use the same magnet disc as the KT-D12 but the sensor head is a Bafang one. The mounting is 3D printed to suit the customer's bike.
That's why I usually ask for pictures of the bottom bracket area because the gap between the seat post and the chainring varies from bike to bike.
This is an early adapter. The later ones have adjustable reach.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
this is how the sensor head is mounted:
The gap is adjustable.

Ugg

Just Joined
Jan 25, 2020
Hi has anyone fitted a KT-D12R sensor to a swytch kit by changing the connector to a higo? I am trying to find out which colour wires in the sensor connect to which pins in the Higo connector before resorting to trial and error.
thanks
Andrew