PAS LCD display

Nedk

Just Joined
May 24, 2019
Hi... New here.

I picked up a cheap project do-er upper electric bike... Got it all running ok now (will be looking for advice on upgrades soon ).

For now, can somebody ID this controller for me please? I'm looking for an online manual for it, to reset etc.

And does it have an EU restrictor wire in it that I can disconnect?

Thanks.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That's not a controller, it's an LCD display. It has functions which may let you alter some parameters in conjunction with the controller.
For any restriction wiring you need to find controller in a metal box and has the main PCB in it, this can be found if you follow the battery, motor or PAS wiring to it.

The display looks some what similar to a KT lcd1 but has 4 buttons rather then 3 have a look on the back for any writing or find the controller to confirm the make.

Reactions: Nedk

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi... New here.

I picked up a cheap project do-er upper electric bike... Got it all running ok now (will be looking for advice on upgrades soon ).

For now, can somebody ID this controller for me please? I'm looking for an online manual for it, to reset etc.

And does it have an EU restrictor wire in it that I can disconnect?

Thanks.

View attachment 30557
That is, technically speaking, the keyboard and LCD display.
The controller will be hidden somewhere and often is a simple, small Aluminium box, with loads of wires.
On the box will/might be the name of the manufacturer and a part number.
But as both "bits" must function together, replacing it and the LCD display is no big deal and not expensive either.....
They look something like this, but for you, you might need a different voltage and power:-
I hope this helps.
Andy

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Try this. Press and hold the set button (second from top) until the screen changes, then press and hold it for 10 seconds to see if it goes to another screen.

Nedk

Just Joined
May 24, 2019
Try this. Press and hold the set button (second from top) until the screen changes, then press and hold it for 10 seconds to see if it goes to another screen.
Cool... That takes me to a wheel size selection screen... I set that to 26".

How do I move on from there? Reset odometer, max speed, etc?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If you set the wheel size to 20", it might set the speed limit proportionally higher. Did you press and hold for 10 secs like i said above?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the Op has managed to find the wheel size menu then a quick press again of said set button may fwd to the next menu item and so on etc, etc until he returns ot wheel size menu. A prolonged press should exit the menu altogether.
Another option it long press up and own button together to see what they do or possibly try long press set & up button or try set & down button.
Write down the sequence you press for future recollection.

If Op can try and read anything on rear of lcd or a pic controller box label then we may be able to see what system it is.

Nedk

Just Joined
May 24, 2019
If the Op has managed to find the wheel size menu then a quick press again of said set button may fwd to the next menu item and so on etc, etc until he returns ot wheel size menu. A prolonged press should exit the menu altogether.
Another option it long press up and own button together to see what they do.

If Op can try and read anything on rear of lcd or a pic controller box label then we may be able to see what system it is.
It just says 36v 12amh on LCD, battery, and control box thing.