PAS sensor not fitting and is my battery charging?

Darthpaul

Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2020
so finally got all my goodies from topbikekit but a couple of issues. I’ve got a hollow tech BB, but the PAS sensor is too big for my smallest chainring. It’s a 22 tooth. Quick google seems to suggest there are different sizes depending on teeth. Can I get another PAS anywhere (looks like 65mm internal diameter on the ring) or am I looking at upgrading my crank/smallest chainring?
Also I’m charging the battery as we speak but not much looks to be happening. The lights on the case aren’t lighting up or flashing as most things do when charging. The charger is getting warm, but not sure if it’s going anywhere! Quick check on the screen shows that the charge isn’t going up but I may just not be leaving it long enough. Thanks.

Darthpaul

Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2020
Well the battery is actually charging so all good there! Just need to know if I can get a smaller Pas sensor from anywhere?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Any three wire PAS will/should work if the wire order is correct.

The battery if warm hot is charging the heat produced is the current flowing , easy to check with a volt meter.
Some batteries also have an on/off switch wired via the BMS make sure it is on during the charge process, as the battery nears balancing the current reduces to a trickle and charger cools down. Balancing occurs (dependant on BMS specs) between 4.15 - 4.18v usually, though at a very low current of 60 - 100ma.

Last edited:

pajtaz

Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2019
Netherlands
Can you show us the photo of the magnet disk of your PAS? I also have Hollowtech BB and I bought a split-ring magnet disk. The one I purchased and are now using was supposedly intended for 22 tooth (although I have 26 tooth smallest chainring but it still fits). Here is the one I purchased (it is the only place in Europe that I could find): https://www.atmparts.eu/p24_eu/eshop/de/2W/KM-DISC17

Mine is attached to the smallest chainring with magnets only. Even though it seems like it will fall off, it has not fallen off or moved so far in over 1000 km of riding and hitting some hard bumps. It's not mountain bike riding, only flat but still, some hard bumps and it does not move. I highly recommend it.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My 700c Norco bike has a steel inner ring/spider attachment and simply relies on the magnet strength to hold it in place, over 6k miles and works fine.