Pas Sensor ring not turning anymore?

Chrisk

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 12, 2017
Kent
Hi,

Since the initial excitement with my Oxydrive I've hit a couple of minor snags.

Today when cycling home my Sensor ring stopped turning and the drive cut out. I wasn't sure why until I got the bike home and had a closer inspection where I noticed the sensor ring with the magnets had stopped turning with the pedals. (It's the sensor that is in two parts and connected with the metal ring. It's on the opposite side to the chain)

Another minor issue is that on my battery I had two lights showing showing half charge but on the display it was showing four lights and full charge.

Finally I don't believe my throttle works properly as it doesn't appear to give me much power when i push it. I don't move the pedals and press the throttle but even at level 6 there is just a trickle of power. (Edit it give 4mph no matter the pas level 1-6)

Hopefully just minor teething problems but any help would be great.

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Hi,

Since the initial excitement with my Oxydrive I've hit a couple of minor snags.

Today when cycling home my Sensor ring stopped turning and the drive cut out. I wasn't sure why until I got the bike home and had a closer inspection where I noticed the sensor ring with the magnets had stopped turning with the pedals. (It's the sensor that is in two parts and connected with the metal ring. It's on the opposite side to the chain)

Another minor issue is that on my battery I had two lights showing showing half charge but on the display it was showing four lights and full charge.

Finally I don't believe my throttle works properly as it doesn't appear to give me much power when i push it. I don't move the pedals and press the throttle but even at level 6 there is just a trickle of power

Hopefully just minor teething problems but any help would be great.
1. PAS ring slipping, been there, fixed that (with the bottom of a coffee can) you have a narrow square BB I presume?

2. don't worry the LCD and the lights on the battery will never agree! You need a Watt meter/Volt meter to know the real voltage of the battery.

3. the throttle is set to EN 15194 "walk assist" mode which is limited to 6 km/h or about 60 Watts whichever comes first.

Chrisk

Jan 12, 2017
Kent
Thank you for the quick response.

1) Yes I believe I do have the narrow square BB.May I ask how you fixed it with the coffee can.

2) Thank you, that saves me worrying about that then.

3) Thanks once again, that's a relief, good to know there is nothing wrong with it.

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
:) You might not need to go to such extremes.

First is there enough space between the crank and the BB to prevent the PAS disk from rubbing? My issue and fix was that I didn't have enough room for the disk to turn freely so the disk wasn't gripping on the square.

If there is enough room you just need to make the disk grip firmly to the BB shaft. If that doesn't work stick it too the crank arm.

D

Deleted member 4366

To change the throttle, you need to know about the secret settings. I would tell you but I'd have to kill you afterwards in case the secret gets out. In fact i'd have to kill you first, just in case it got out before I had a chance to kill you.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Regarding the pas disc. I had the same problen with a kit. I took the left crank off. Then I got some thick rubber, the roofing sheet or pond liner type. I cut an inch and a half wide strip long enough to go around the pas disc (with slight overlap) and gaffer taped it in place. Then cut a slit through the centre and slid disc back onto the shaft, the rubber grips it nicely. Refit crank - hey presto. It aint pretty but it works.
Hope this helps, unless D8veh got at you first!

Chrisk

Jan 12, 2017
Kent
Thank you for the suggestions. I'll have a go over the weekend and report back on my success.

Last minor problem to overcome and I have a really great kit.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
To change the throttle, you need to know about the secret settings. I would tell you but I'd have to kill you afterwards in case the secret gets out. In fact i'd have to kill you first, just in case it got out before I had a chance to kill you.
I might be safer if you killed your self just to make sure?

• :D
Reactions: 1 person