PAS with VESC controller

evbkezzz

Just Joined
Aug 2, 2019
I am trying to build a PAS on my ebike which uses a VESC controller. I stumbled upon two great projects by

Both of them seem to fit my needs but unfortunately I don't understand German. The first project is a fork of the second and works on a Teensy controller and uses a color display.

I feel teensy is a bit expensive. Can I use it on a ESP32? If not, how do I modify it to work on a ESP32 or similar mcu.
The post states the battery capacity,voltage, speed,etc are taken from VESC, does the VESC read battery capacity, voltage, etc?

Thanks
Andy!

bicyclops

Just Joined
Dec 2, 2021
I am interested in upgrading my Bafang BBSHD to a VESC controller because of the low price. Seems that nobody has done this. Sorry for the 2 year late reply but there are some $650 options now. The ASI BAC855 or the phase runner. These are sold out because of the silicon chip shortage. There are still cheap VESC on aliexpress though so hopefully there will be some renewed interest! The project that was completed in 2016 is way to complex for my skills but it has been done before.