Pashley Trike Bafung BBS01 is finished (Almost)

appyarry

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2015
Lyminge, Kent
I have installed the motor and set it all up. Nice easy task, only a few of things outstanding.

I should have asked for the pickup for the rear wheel to have been made longer. As it is a trike it is too short. I have cable tied it out of the way and the Trike performs GREAT without it, however no speedo :-(

The front chain ring really needs to be 3~4 mm nearer the frame, if anyone has a solution that does not involve cutting 4mm off the side of the bottom bracket I'd be very grateful to hear it.

What connectors do people use to connect the battery to the motor/controller?

I've got a temporary Chain guard support fitted which I will change for a better made one when I have time.

My wife loves it and is building up her new found leg muscles and road sense. She is so pleased with the conversion, she used the trike before I converted it so when she tested the completed trike the whoops of joy and laughing could be heard half way down the drive. We had tested a couple of Trikes from a place in Nottingham which were of poor quality IMHO. The Mission Trike we tried at Maidstone was very good and we would have bought one on the spot, unfortunately they didn't have any in stock. We left our email with them and I still don't think they have any in stock as they have never got back to us.

A thousand thanks to D8veh for his advice, buying from BMS was very good, simple and painless. The Kit arrived quite quickly with no fuss or drama's so I was very impressed and would recommend them to anyone.

Many thanks to all that have offered advice and support.

P1010066.JPG P1010067.JPG P1010068.JPG P1010070.JPG P1010071.JPG

Reactions: ajb9

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
You can buy an extension lead for the speed sensor, can't advise where as my supplier was Australian.
Another possibility is to fit it to the front wheel.