Pedal Assist bracket other side

skywayd

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 29, 2017
London
Just stripped my cyclotricity revolver to put on my scott hybrid but have hit a wall.....bottom bracket drive side aint budging. Can I fit my pedal assist bracket on non drive side even though arrows on disc will be facing the wrong way?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Turn the disk around so the arrow points in the correct direction.

D

Deleted member 4366

You know there's a left-hand thread on one side of the BB and right-hand on the other?

You can change sides with most PAS sensors, but you have to flip the magnet disc at the same time. If the arrow pointed the right way on the right side, it has to point the wrong way when you fit it to the left side.

skywayd

Jan 29, 2017
London
Yes drive side is clockwise to unscrew. I will give it a go as you say with arrows facing the wrong way....If I keep the arrows right way the magnets will be facing away from sensor...will give it a go..the bracket is slightly odd compared to others so will see if lines up up on non drive side

skywayd

Jan 29, 2017
London
Gap is 4 - 5 mm looks like a big gap. would that be ok? (I never took note of gap on the bike it came off)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
4/5mm might be too much but try it anyhow, all of mine are with in 2mm. Try bending your pas bracket or make a new one out of thin ali.
Re you forks try an extra washer or two or move the A/R washer inboard.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
5 mm is about the maximum recommended for most. The new Bafang sensor is up to 25 mm which is a huge progress!

skywayd

Jan 29, 2017
London
Thanks guys again, all running now just need some cable ties. I have ordered some velcro straps. Had to steel the washer from the other side of wheels, can made do with no outside washer for now. Had to swap PAS disk round so magnets are facing outwards but strong enough to still work. Gap is just under 5mm and seems fine, If any problem there is leeway to bend it more.

If it wasn't for my non moving crank cup on drive side I recon I could have done this in an hour, but I dont like giving up. All day later and I had to give up :( with a hurting wrist......Why don't they make them tools to take cups off better instead of barely gripping i dont know.

Hope it aint raining tomorrow

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Velcro is the way to go with wiring, no chance of pinching/damaging the wiring and so much easier if you need to make adjustments.

D

Deleted member 4366

Dang forks are rubbing on wheel hub, out with the dremmel !
Are you sure that you have the washers the right way round? Even if they are, a single 12mm washer should fix it.

skywayd

Jan 29, 2017
London
Yes i wedged an outer washer inside and pulled forks apart to get wheel in (to stop motor rubbing on inner fork)..Just need a few more for outside as the dropouts need more so the nut will sit flush

What site do you guys use to upload pictures?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I upload pics on here directly from my picture files.
Select the 'Upload a File ' box below then choose your pic file name and then 'open', it then uploads.

D

Deleted member 4366

Just in case you're unaware, the washer on the outside of the axle, or the nut, must not in anyway overlap the edge of the dimple if you have one. That means that you should file the drop-outs deeper to re-centralise the axle or use eccentric washers.

It's no problem if the outside of the drop-out is flat.

skywayd

Jan 29, 2017
London
I upload pics on here directly from my picture files.
Select the 'Upload a File ' box below then choose your pic file name and then 'open', it then uploads.
Doh! Thanks I never see that big button. You would never guess I fix computers for a living!

skywayd

Jan 29, 2017
London
Just in case you're unaware, the washer on the outside of the axle, or the nut, must not in anyway overlap the edge of the dimple if you have one. That means that you should file the drop-outs deeper to re-centralise the axle or use eccentric washers.

It's no problem if the outside of the drop-out is flat.
I'll take some pics later on of forks to show, Just not 100% sure

skywayd

Jan 29, 2017
London
Here it is nearly finished, (excuse the string :rolleyes:)
I picked the scott up off ebay for £100 and the cyclotricity revolver cost me £420, 3 months old) So not bad for £520 + £22 for throttle)

Attachments

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Hi Skywayd,
It would be a good idea to turn your motor round so that the cable enters from the underside. That way it forms a drip loop and helps prevent water getting into the motor. It'll use up that slack at the crossbar.

Reactions: skywayd

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Skyward to neaten up longer runs of wiring go on to ebay and get some spiral wrap it sure hell makes a difference, I use 5mm int dia stuff as it will also wrap around 8/1012/15mm bundles too. I will post a pic of my runs which have 4 or 5 cables inside.

DSCF0027.JPG

DSCF0024.JPG

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Hi Skywayd,
It would be a good idea to turn your motor round so that the cable enters from the underside. That way it forms a drip loop and helps prevent water getting into the motor. It'll use up that slack at the crossbar.
well spotted, but rather than "a good idea", I'd say that it's essential.