Pedal Assist Electric Cycle

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
I have twice in the last week cocked up the charging and ended up pedalling my Torq like an ordinary bike - and on the same 9 mile journey.

The first time I thought I had a full battery because the green light on the charger came on to indicate it wasn't taking any more charge. It turned out it was actually flat, and that I'd blown the internal charging fuse.

I was determined not to get stuck in the same situation, so two days later I very carefully and diligently charged the battery. Then I very carefully and diligently left it in the workshop and set off with a different one.

Nick

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Been there, done that. :D. To complete my embarassment that was the only trip on which I ever met another forum member, after the battery had run out. :(

My present problem is that I'm in deepest, darkest dial-up Dorset on a connection that's from overhead cables that are routed through numerous trees. Not only is the connection the slowest I've ever experienced, the mains supply that I'm running the laptop from at the moment is the dirtiest that it could be and it's causing all manner of item crashes.

And to cap that, this immediate area only has any mobile connection from one network, and that's the one with no reasonably priced personal mobile package.

Sob.

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Been there, done that. :D. To complete my embarassment that was the only trip on which I ever met another forum member, after the battery had run out. :(

My present problem is that I'm in deepest, darkest dial-up Dorset on a connection that's from overhead cables that are routed through numerous trees. Not only is the connection the slowest I've ever experienced, the mains supply that I'm running the laptop from at the moment is the dirtiest that it could be and it's causing all manner of item crashes.
Sob.
Hi Flecc. Would that be the laptop with the battery at home in the fridge? :D

I went out on a 18 mile run today. Despite all my negative remarks about how useless the Aldi £3.99 mini pump is I picked it up instead of my Topeak and duly packed it away. Halfway through the journey the back tyre seemed a little strange and low on pressure. Realising I had the duff pump I still decided to give it a chance to redeem itself. :eek:
All that pump does for me is let the air out of my tyres fast. I had just enough sense to stop before it was too late. I really should bin it.

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007

I went out on a 18 mile run today. Despite all my negative remarks about how useless the Aldi £3.99 mini pump is I picked it up instead of my Topeak and duly packed it away. Halfway through the journey the back tyre seemed a little strange and low on pressure. Realising I had the duff pump I still decided to give it a chance to redeem itself. :eek:
All that pump does for me is let the air out of my tyres fast. I had just enough sense to stop before it was too late. I really should bin it.
You do realise that ALDI is almost IDLE backwards.. that might explain the pump;) our moggy loves the dogfood too so it would appear that Aldi are definitely operating in some kind of parallel universe:D
bw
musicbooks

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's the laptop, but I did remember to defrost the battery, charge it and take it with me. It's about 4 to 5 years old now and only runs for about 1.5 hours to flat, and I'd just used that in another room recording from a worn out cassette to burn a CD for my brother, and I went online straight after.

No music of interest, it was an aerobic session recording, and it seems he likes being shouted at while exercising. :eek:. Either that or the female instructor turns him on. :D

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
That's the laptop, but I did remember to defrost the battery, charge it and take it with me. It's about 4 to 5 years old now and only runs for about 1.5 hours to flat, and I'd just used that in another room recording from a worn out cassette to burn a CD for my brother, and I went online straight after.

No music of interest, it was an aerobic session recording, and it seems he likes being shouted at while exercising. :eek:. Either that or the female instructor turns him on. :D
Not that old Jane Fonda burnout video.. Ah yes, I remember it well:)
bw
musicbooks