Pedelecs getting attacked again?

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
All seems ok on my android tablet, so may be a windoze-specific problem.

Apart, that is; from the doubled-up posts by an apple-lover :rolleyes:

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth

Who Me ?.

No loyalty to Apple what so ever I just happen to own a Mac Air,iPad and iPhone :rolleyes:

Had a iPhone for 5 years (only on second) and yet to see anything to make me jump ship (but I do keep looking).

Mac Air was bought before ultra books and at time nothing else as portable for the money. Although I will admit it would take one hell of a ultra book to convince me to switch back (especially to windows 8).

iPad won in competition and at the time could not see the point but its a pretty handy piece of kit but cant see me upgrading it until it dies and then I will see whats out there.

I make my living on Windows so absolutely no prejudice there (I am a MCSE). Personally I find the this system is better then that system arguments completely boring. As far as I am concerned if the piece of kit does what you need and your happy with it then good luck to you (bit like eBikes). I also have windows and linux stuff as well and can see no reason to switch that to other stuff either.

Oh and removed the duplicate as that was caused by a network issue and a delay in my first post appearing here so reposted as thought it had not been posted.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Have scanned using MSE, and all clear, but I have noticed when on site it has become slow moving from one page to another.

Last edited:

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex

Yes, I go along with that. I'm posting from a Nexus 10 (Android 4.2.2) and nothing is amiss on Firefox here. Also in Firefox in Linux - no problem there either.

These browser exploits are not really viruses, and although this one seems to attack only Windows machines you are not guaranteed to be immune just because you are not using Windows. It's dependent on whether there are minor differences across browsers which the rogue app doesn't cater for. In theory a browser exploit is basically operating system independent. Don't become complacent because you're not using MS's wonderful product.

Rog.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi all,

is anyone still getting the warning message?

DJH

Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2011
North Yorkshire
Obviously everything wasn't working properly earlier as I couldn't get it to post and then they all came through together. Since then each time I have come to the site Norton has given me a warning of an attack being blocked

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
I have vBulletin looking at it. I've also changed the way all the ads are being shown as I suspect it may be more to do with the advertising banner software. When I view the site through Firefox (Windows) I no longer get the warning message.

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
Quick update: we think we've narrowed it down to the advert software so we're making some changes. If anyone has any further problems can you please give us a shout? Thanks all.

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
I have vBulletin looking at it. I've also changed the way all the ads are being shown as I suspect it may be more to do with the advertising banner software. When I view the site through Firefox (Windows) I no longer get the warning message.
I can confirm that all now appears to be well.

Rog.