Pedestrian Crossing madness

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
In other words, you can do the right thing, but you might end up getting your arse kicked!!
It's pretty unlikely I would say. You are not bringing down a mafia boss here, unless they have taken to driving around in silver/grey Nissan Micra's (or whatever it was).

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
In other words, you can do the right thing, but you might end up getting your arse kicked!!
For what it's worth, my suggestion would be to take your clip to a police station, say what you have witnessed, but state clearly that you are unwilling to give your name and address or to make a witness statement. They can still view the footage and proceed to interview the registered keeper without involving you. And as drsolly says, it might alter the way the driver behaves for the better.

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
I wouldn't let the thought of an irate driver coming knocking on my door (which would be an almost zero chance of happening) put me off reporting that to the police.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Reactions: RobF and Alan Quay

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I have just sent this to a Police friend who assures me that reporting it it will all be in confidence. He also said that for them to successfully prosecute for a moving traffic offence it must be witnessed by a police officer, but the main reason to report it is so that they will put the number through their ANPR and it may turn up something else! He said that unless the vehicle turns out to be untaxed or uninsured it is unlikely that they will do anything.
But, I am awaiting his response to the video..
I always wondered what I would do when I actually caught someone on the cam.
My options are..
1/ ring the 1012 number and they will come and see me.
2/ email it to the local police
3/ disc it and deliver to the station..

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
It's totally illegal to overtake on those zig-zag lines. They might even go for Dangerous driving, for which the driver would most likely get a ban.
Incredible! Here we have someone who offends against the RTA every time he rides his illegal contraptions, pontificating about the illegal manoeuvre of another road user. Talk about double standards!

I always though that there was some kind of code among criminals, the honour among thieves notion whereby one never grasses to the police. Perhaps our lawbreaking cyclists are another breed, selective in their condemnation of others in accordance with some perceived unacceptable degree of criminality?

Tom

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
I always though that there was some kind of code among criminals, the honour among thieves notion whereby one never grasses to the police. Perhaps our lawbreaking cyclists are another breed, selective in their condemnation of others in accordance with some perceived unacceptable degree of criminality?

Tom
This has overstepped the mark, IMHO, Surely it's time for the mods to put a stop to this bloke's rantings.

This is a cycling forum, not Soapbox Corner.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Incredible! Here we have someone who offends against the RTA every time he rides his illegal contraptions, pontificating about the illegal manoeuvre of another road user. Talk about double standards!

Tom
in what way do you know that d8veh's bike is illegal?
FYI, his xiongda XD motor has EN15194 certificate.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
in what way do you know that d8veh's bike is illegal?
FYI, his xiongda XD motor has EN15194 certificate.
I wasn't talking about his legal EAPCs; only his illegal ones, of which there have been several gestations but I do appreciate your contribution as the forum could grind to a halt without your input which appears to average, give or take, 1.7 posts per day, most of them equally as valuable at this one.

Tom

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
There's no quote in post #17 neither is there any mention of you, so where's the misquote?
You were continuing the theme of whether the court service and or police disclose the identity of a witness. I was making the point that as a witness, your identity is likely to be disclosed, to which you responded that neither the police or courts give out the witness name and address. I had made no mention of address.

As usual, your advice was completely incorrect and misleading. Think before you post in future and try to stem your incontenance when it comes to incorrect information and advice. You are dangerously inept.

D

Deleted member 4366

Th
You were continuing the theme of whether the court service and or police disclose the identity of a witness. I was making the point that as a witness, your identity is likely to be disclosed, to which you responded that neither the police or courts give out the witness name and address. I had made no mention of address.

As usual, your advice was completely incorrect and misleading. Think before you post in future and try to stem your incontenance when it comes to incorrect information and advice. You are dangerously inept.
This is just sour grapes after I exposed all the crap you wrote about helmets.