Phase wires

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi. this is the connector i need John
I looked on ebay UK for you and found this:-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Molex-Connector-6-Pin-Circuit-Standard-093-093-6-Way-Crimp-Plug-Terminal/282373731678?hash=item41bec9355e:m:m7POyPczfQM_qscJrz431tg:rk:8:pf:0&var=581499979216
Ebay is the best place to buy for single connectors, but I recommend you to buy two, in case of accidents.
There is a special tool from molex for crimping, but I have got away in the past, with similar connectors, with pliers and a soldering iron!!
best of luck
Andy

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I looked on ebay UK for you and found this:-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Molex-Connector-6-Pin-Circuit-Standard-093-093-6-Way-Crimp-Plug-Terminal/282373731678?hash=item41bec9355e:m:m7POyPczfQM_qscJrz431tg:rk:8:pf:0&var=581499979216
Ebay is the best place to buy for single connectors, but I recommend you to buy two, in case of accidents.
There is a special tool from molex for crimping, but I have got away in the past, with similar connectors, with pliers and a soldering iron!!
best of luck
Andy
Although a suitable alternative, that isn't the same connector the OP is searching for.

As mentioned above, search for 'motorcycle connector' and you'll find what you need.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Although a suitable alternative, that isn't the same connector the OP is searching for.

As mentioned above, search for 'motorcycle connector' and you'll find what you need.
I believe you, but why not supply a suitable link then? I am sure that would be for the OP most helpful!
When I searched, I got this, which was far less than helpful:-
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&ei=kztTXNvGAc77kwXWpZSQBQ&q=molex+motorcycle+connector&oq=molex+motorcycle+connector&gs_l=psy-ab.12..0i30.85142.85142..88191...0.0..0.83.83.1......0....1..gws-wiz.nf6HpiKil6E
If you know exactly how to find the part, please do so!!
Molex connectors have/had usually got part numbers, moulded on them somewhere, usually on both parts, though some copies from the far east will not have that....though I have to admit that it is some years since I had anything to do with Molex parts....Maybe they have changed their processes?
regards for a great day
Andy

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
DJ706-2.8-11/21 are the ones fitted to all KT and likely a lot of other controllers.
When you was down last week you should have taken a pair John as I have 5 or 6 pairs.
If you use another similar connector you will have to change the controller side as well.

Check your inbox John (top right), I have messaged you.

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
No need for a connector. It's cheaper and more reliable to solder the wires. When does anyone ever need to disconnect one except to check whether they have a bad connection? When by some chance, there's a blue moon and flying pigs, and you find a reason to disconnect, the wire cutters can disconnect just as quick as a connector.

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
No need for a connector. It's cheaper and more reliable to solder the wires. When does anyone ever need to disconnect one except to check whether they have a bad connection? When by some chance, there's a blue moon and flying pigs, and you find a reason to disconnect, the wire cutters can disconnect just as quick as a connector.
If a controller burns out or throttle, pas, display break it's quicker to replace. A lot of stock connectors are crappy metal that corrodes, I stopped having issues when I replaced my hall connectors with gold plated ones. Also if one gets tugged for any reason it may get unplugged rather than breaking, although this is more true of phase and power lines than it is of flimsy hall wires

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I stopped having issues when I replaced my hall connectors with gold plated ones.
That's interesting because I had a similar but different experience. I've been repairing electric bikes for many years using the same methods, and I noticed that since I put my prices up, like you, I haven't had a single issue with of any of the repairs, so one could conclude that the price of the repair might be the key factor for reliability. What does everyone else think? Should I increase my prices further to make doubly sure of reliability because I don’t want to spoil my 100% record?