Please can I have one for Christmas?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I find e-velomobiles very tempting also, but really only useful in flat areas like Holland where there's loads of these. All that weight on a real hill and they crawl. I woudn't fancy my chances with British motorists either. :(

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I must confess I hate both the look and the thought of the thing! I'll choose something else for Christmas.
They come into their own in the wide open flat areas of Holland though, where strong unbroken winds bring cyclists to a near standstill. These streamlined recumbent trikes just slice though the air and easily maintain high speeds, so it's not just for style, the appearance serves a very real purpose where they belong.

john

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2007
Manchester
All that weight on a real hill and they crawl.
The laden weigh is stated as 190kg, about twice that of a typical e-bike, but the motor power is 600W continuous as opposed to 250W on a typical e-bike. This seems to imply similar performance on hills (although a bigger proportional drop from crusing speed).

Would be good for winter use I recon, but there would need to be a much bigger market for the price to become affordable (usual story). Did Sir Clive kill any prospect of that happening?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The laden weigh is stated as 190kg, about twice that of a typical e-bike, but the motor power is 600W continuous as opposed to 250W on a typical e-bike. This seems to imply similar performance on hills (although a bigger proportional drop from crusing speed).
I was speaking of the legal 250 watt velomobiles though. Getting that overpowered one registered for UK roads would probably be a nightmare, and a back number plate across it's tail fin would wreck the slipperyness through the air.

Here only the legal ones are really viable, but as said, too slow climbing.