Powabyke After Sales Service

russell

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2008
In this day and age it is getting harder and harder to decide which particular make of goods to buy which will not result in the manufacturer and retailer dropping you like a ton of bricks once your guarantee is out of time.
I have only just discovered this wonderful web site and I would like to take this opportunity of telling you about my very recent experience regarding a fault with my Powabyke Europe. My Byke failed to start, I couldn't find my instruction book but was aware the bike had a self diagnostic facility. I tried my local stockist who were not altogether too helpful.I decide to contact the Powabyke office in Bath, and without going into lots of detail, suffice it to say that the young man I contacted by the name of Frank Curran reinstated my faith in human nature. The problem I had with my bike resulted in a number of conversations and lots of advise from Frank.He could not have been more helpful even though he knew my bike was at least 4 years old. I am extremely happy to report that as a result of Franks advise my bike is now fully operational.I would recommend POWABYKE to anyone, I love my bike, its smart, comfortable and probably just as reliable as any other BUT after sales service is very very important when spending our hard earned cash. THANK YOU AGAIN FRANK :) :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Russell, welcome to the forum. I fully concur on Powabyke service and Frank's excellent support which we have often benefited from in this forum. With the new lightweight X bikes that they are now introducing, the good service will make for a winning combination.

General service standards on e-bikes have been improving quite a lot in the last year, but I think one consequence of that will be the disappearance of the odd companies that still fall far short of what is necessary.

russell

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2008
Thats great news and I agree with you entirely. In the current financial climate, a lot more companies will go to the wall should they fail to provide the same level of service that Powabyke has provided to me. Unfortunately I am 65 years of age, partially disabled and the new bykes are out of my price range, lets hope my old faithful Europe will go for a little while yet.:)

C

Cyclezee

A heartening story Russell, I am glad your "old faithful" is functioning again and wish you many more years in the saddle.

J:) hn

Rad

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2008
Thank you for posting this Russel. I'm on the verge of buying an x-6 and stories like yours are a big help.

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Brilliant to hear some good news about dealers and retailers on the forum.. and (as an honorary Bathonian) I can say that Frank and co are thoroughly decent and a credit to the city of Bath and, more importantly, the e-bike industry. They deserve our respect and support through these difficult times ( note: I haven't mentioned the R word through fear of stimulating further global panic)
BW
musicbooks