Powabyke with Lithium and Suspension

Griswold

Pedelecer
May 17, 2007
Took delivery of my new Lithium Battery yesterday.
Tried the bike out (24 Speed Commuter) tonight so much different.
Very much lighter (the bike)- easier to pick up and move around.
Great ride - check the picture - Ive replaced the tractor seat saddle too!
Going to put some different mudguards on too.
The bike doesnt look so fuddy duddy now! in my opinion!
Decided to keep the bike - got a good local dealer, so they can get any parts I may need etc.
I was toying with buying another bike but decided to keep it - it hasnt let me down and I kind of like it - in a rugged sort of way!

Last edited:

BrizzleBoy

Pedelecer
Oct 22, 2007
Bristol
Griswold - You are right it does look kind of sporty. And with a lighter battery should make a good bit of difference.
I tried out the commuter but was put off by the weight as the mrs will be using our ebike as well and I had visions of her trapped under it for hours unable to lift it off :D

Maybe a good thing :p

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Powabykes still have much going for them with their service and dealer network, and the new lighter battery
and lighter models in the range make a lot of sense.

I can well understand you keeping it, better the devil you know and all that. :)

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
if powerbyke were to market for example a Euro,and offer it with twin lithium which would give it a genuine 60mile plus range..it would still be cheaper than the Agutta.Is the Agutta so much better that it would be worth buying over a powabyke with probably 30% more range available ?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The Agattu is definitely, an infinitely better bike as a bicycle, both to own and to cycle.

Not so sure about the Agutta though. ;)

fcurran

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2007
Bath
www.powabyke.com
if powerbyke were to market for example a Euro,and offer it with twin lithium which would give it a genuine 60mile plus range..it would still be cheaper than the Agutta.Is the Agutta so much better that it would be worth buying over a powabyke with probably 30% more range available ?
A Powabyke customer has indeed got themself 3 lithium packs and have somehow installed them into one battery pack giving him 3 times the range and totalling circa 35kg in weight. Range, I would imagine, would be between 60 - 100 miles on a single charge depending upon the usual variables.

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
A Powabyke customer has indeed got themself 3 lithium packs and have somehow installed them into one battery pack giving him 3 times the range and totalling circa 35kg in weight. Range, I would imagine, would be between 60 - 100 miles on a single charge depending upon the usual variables.
i wondered whether you could fit 2 lithium packs into 1 case,but 3....thats is one serious bikeride....does that mean you will sell the packs minus the charger therefore making subsequent packs cheaper than the initial £349 ?

fcurran

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2007
Bath
www.powabyke.com
The batteries are already heavily subsidised, but Im sure your local dealer would sort out a deal if you wanted 2 batteries and 1 charger.