Help! PowaCycle Lynx front rack/basket.

Beardie

Just Joined
Jun 22, 2020
My PowaCycle Lynx has brackets at the front which I thought might be useful for attaching a front basket. However, PowaCycle simply replied that they do not sell accessories for their bikes. A Google search turned up precisely one relevant picture (and a zillion irrelevant ones). Most bike baskets appear to be designed to hang from the handlebars, If any attachments are shown at all. Nowhere can I find any indication of who, if anyone, makes anything designed to fit those brackets.

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
My PowaCycle Lynx has brackets at the front which I thought might be useful for attaching a front basket. However, PowaCycle simply replied that they do not sell accessories for their bikes. A Google search turned up precisely one relevant picture (and a zillion irrelevant ones). Most bike baskets appear to be designed to hang from the handlebars, If any attachments are shown at all. Nowhere can I find any indication of who, if anyone, makes anything designed to fit those brackets.
I fitted this one onto my Powacycle Puma, but I don't remember where I bought it from as it was purchased so long ago. It's still going strong. Just found it on Amazon and here's the link to the company's website:

Attachments

Last edited:

Beardie

Just Joined
Jun 22, 2020
I had a look on Pedalpro's website, but found their baskets aredesigned to fit on the handlebars, not the brackets on the Powacycle's front fork crown. I can't tell whether that's the case with yours. I'd want a bigger basket, anyway. Thanks all the same.

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
I had a look on Pedalpro's website, but found their baskets aredesigned to fit on the handlebars, not the brackets on the Powacycle's front fork crown. I can't tell whether that's the case with yours. I'd want a bigger basket, anyway. Thanks all the same.
The basket is fitted onto the bracket, not the handlebars. I drilled two holes into the black square plate on the basket to attach it - see picture. Keep searching, hope you find the size you want - you might have to think creatively to attach one as I've done.

Attachments

Last edited:

Related Articles

Advertisers