Presteigne 2011

I am looking forward to bringing the range of Storck RADDAR Multiroad and Multitask pedelec bikes and Storck Cosworth EFV for everyone to test ride. This will be the first public demo in the UK of the range of pedelec bikes from Storck.

Looking forward to the banter and meeting everyone.

EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010
Perhaps next year if the event and its provenence is made clearer.
Agree. By all means a great event, just slightly more out the way than might be practical for a lot of people new to electric bikes. How about...

- A Tour de Richmond Park (Tim?)
- A Grand Circle of Southampton, Fareham, Portsmouth and Gosport (Bruce?)
- The Rush-Hour race across London? (You've seen the Top Gear episode, right? YouTube - Highlights - The Stig, Hammond,May and Clarkson Cross-London Race - Top Gear) The Hackney Post did their own version: YouTube - Race across Hackney Top Gear style: car vs. bus vs. bicycle We can top that!

Then maybe add a couple of stands at either end of a race/tour, and give dealers an incentive to turn up? I know a handful of dealers have these kind of ideas in mind...

C

Cyclezee

How's about all forum members wearing a name badge with their forum ID's on. I will if you will;)

Oh, and don't all go wearing a badge proclaiming to be The Guru, Flecc or Eddieo unless you really can walk on water:p

P.S. if anyone want's a lift from Milton Keynes to Prestigne on Sunday morning leaving at 7 am let me know.
I will have space for one bike and two passengers (three if we tie Jack to the bike carrier)

EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010
I suggested a long time ago in this thread http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/7652-beba-electric-bike-day.htmlthat that Milton Keyenes would be an excellent venue for a show because of it's gographical location and excellent facilites.
Last I heard, David Miall was going to make some enquiries and finally a phone call, I wonder if he ever got through?
John, I know David + others are all busy, but I'll put in a plug for a Milton Keynes event in an upcoming mailout?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
How's about all forum members wearing a name badge with their forum ID's on. I will if you will;)

Oh, and don't all go wearing a badge proclaiming to be The Guru, Flecc or Eddieo unless you really can walk on water:p
I did do this when I went to the New Milton show, just a sticky label with FLECC on it stuck onto my shirt pocket, and it proved very useful on the day, especially since no-one else had identified themselves.

Without the label I probably wouldn't have met half the people I did.

C

Cyclezee

I did do this when I went to the New Milton show, just a sticky label with FLECC on it stuck onto my shirt pocket, and it proved very useful on the day, especially since no-one else had identified themselves.

Without the label I probably wouldn't have met half the people I did.
That's exactly what I am thinking, so I have printed 500 Dymo LabelWriter labels .............with FLECC on them. Any chance you might be able to make it Tony, I can give you a ride from MK?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for the offer John, but I won't be going, a bit too far for me at present, and it would mean a very long day indeed.

So no problem with 500 labelled FLECCs roaming around causing confusion! :)

C

Cyclezee

Thanks for the offer John, but I won't be going, a bit too far for me at present, and it would mean a very long day indeed.

So no problem with 500 labelled FLECCs roaming around causing confusion! :)
Sorry you can't make it Tony and I can understand why you are taking it easy at the moment.

Im sure you realised the 500 labels was a little 'porky',........... it's more like 1000, wouldn't that be fun;)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I would come if I could find out IF or WHAT Bosch powered bikes are going to be there.......... if any:confused:

Its amazing that the most significant development in crank drive technology is not (or is? )being represented....More then 16 European bike manufacturers have versions with Bosch drive coming out. and the ones that are out are being VERY enthusiastically received over on our German equivalent forum....

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Im sure you realised the 500 labels was a little 'porky',........... it's more like 1000, wouldn't that be fun;)
Of course wearing a FLECC label might not have the desired effect. I have upset a few in here so a bloody nose could be the outcome! :D

C

Cyclezee

Of course wearing a FLECC label might not have the desired effect. I have upset a few in here so a bloody nose could be the outcome! :D
OK, I better start shreding, apart from one sticker placed covertly on the back of my friend Jack, if any one punches him they will probably get a 'Glasgow kiss' in reply.

Maybe I will start printing Eddieo stickers instead:rolleyes: Only kidding Eddie;)

Elcycoltd

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 20, 2009
Lothian
We have exhibited at Presteigne on a couple of occasions, but unfortunately it is a long journey from Edinburgh for a one day Show.
However if anyone is visiting Edinburgh or passing through on holiday they are more than welcome to visit and try out the demo-bikes we have available six days a week.
We currently have Trek bikes, a Storck bike and the new Giant Hybrids with the 36 volt battery along with the Izip Skyline.
Within the next few weeks we will also have the latest of the Batribike Folders also with 36 volt batteries and the first of the Gitane bikes we are bringing in from France.
We look forward to letting people try the various bikes and get a comparison of the various manufacturers products.
There is no pressure to buy but we would be happy to do business and get more electric bikes on the road for others to see.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Thanks John for the offer, but I prefer to remain incognito...But badges an excellent idea! As I can get the drop on a few of you and put some lights out:D

Andy Grayland

Pedelecer
Apr 9, 2008
I would just like to say a huge THANK YOU for all the emails of support for Tour De Presteigne I have received in the last few days especially those who offered to help with various events.

I am currently away on business and struggling with remote email access. I will answer individual emails on my return, as soon as time permits.

With regards to the final list of exhibitors the majority of confirmed participants are on the Tour de Presteigne - The World's Premier Electric Bike Rally website. A couple have yet to confirm and I understand that this is down to if they receive bikes in time.

I look forward to meeting you at the event.
Andy

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks John for the offer, but I prefer to remain incognito...But badges an excellent idea! As I can get the drop on a few of you and put some lights out:D
Maybe im wrong but i imagine you as being like the wizard of oz,a little insignificant person hiding behind a big computer,able to boom out your feelings with no risk of being seen or approached, i fully understand your need to be incognito.

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Flecc the only thing you would have to worry about, is repetitive strain injury from the many pedelecs members wishing to thank you for your help,

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Maybe im wrong but i imagine you as being like the wizard of oz,a little insignificant person hiding behind a big computer,able to boom out your feelings with no risk of being seen or approached, i fully understand your need to be incognito.
Pathetic....And what a petty and humourless individual you are ... I would stick to the poor fish for company, instead of constantly looking for opportunity's to have a dig at me on here...

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Paul, having met Eddie, I can assure you your imagination is paying tricks on you!

Let's try and keep it civil guys! :)

All the best

David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Unfortunately, we are not able to be at Presteign this year, we are very happy to be a sponsor so please don't read more to this than there is. We hope to be back next year.

Best regards

David