Price Rises on the way

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's looking increasingly likely that prices are inevitable for those who have not already just raised them as this report shows.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Luckily the strength of the Pound against the Euro and the forthcoming price reduction which this will bring will cancel out the price rise brought on by a weak Euro to Dollar exchange rate

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
perhaps not on all bikes. Chinese bikes will be most affected because the RMB shadows the US Dollar. The Pound drops from $1.56 at the beginning of the year to $1.51 currently. For most of last year, the Pound was worth around $1.65 on average, peaking at 1.715 last July when the economic outlook was at its best.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
I've been expecting European made e bikes to fall in price along with the Euro. Some material costs might rise but that should be outweighed by the Euro fall against Stirling.

Never underestimate the capacity of business to lever up prices though. Rather like when the wholesale cost of gas rises and consumer prices rise at the same time. But when it falls as it has by 30% over the last year, consumer prices fall by just 3.5% because they claim they bought at the old rate.

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I hope soTillson, but bearing in mind the nasty habit we have of our number of pounds for an item being the same as the number of dollars for it in the US of A, I'm not confident that will be the case.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Perhaps if the Europeans did not try to sell Chinese made bicycles as home grown they might not have been effected:rolleyes: