Prices of the electricity we use to charge

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
balls to this ev crap get me one of those psus from a ufo ;)

and the ppl buying those 2 new builds have pulled out because of the fkn heat pumps fitted lmfao:eek:

Reactions: MikelBikel

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
does it have a roll cage :p

better off with a custom mobility scooter.

do 60 mph round tesco :D

• :D

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Well Maldives gov say they've *Added* 228 hectares of land. Maybe it's the power of positive thinking, or tin foil hats, or just maybe the same engineering that keeps half of Netherlands dry, seeing as it's *under* the level of the North Sea? :cool:

Reactions: saneagle

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
No, no tin foil hats for Van Oord or Aertsen, just Full Metal Jacket. Gives "going Dutch" a whole new meaning :cool:
(Link keeps going bad, maybe they have privacy turned on?)

Last edited:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Well Maldives gov say they've *Added* 228 hectares of land. Maybe it's the power of positive thinking, or tin foil hats, or just maybe the same engineering that keeps half of Netherlands dry, seeing as it's *under* the level of the North Sea? :cool:
I use a more simple approach in my thinking. If the world leaders really believe that sea levels will rise, they would inform the financial institutions, which they're highly connected to. In that case, you wouldn't get a mortgage on any property under threat, like in Canvey Island and most of London, and you certainly wouldn't want to invest in the Maldives, and if I were a former president of USA, I wouldn't want to waste millions on a beach-front property that will soon be under water.

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I use a more simple approach in my thinking. If the world leaders really believe that sea levels will rise, they would inform the financial institutions, which they're highly connected to. In that case, you wouldn't get a mortgage on any property under threat, like in Canvey Island and most of London, and you certainly wouldn't want to invest in the Maldives, and if I were a former president of USA, I wouldn't want to waste millions on a beach-front property that will soon be under water.
A guy who buys a condo on the seafront in Miami has no fear of sea level. His mortgage would have been paid long before he gets any closer to the water.
Look at this from the point of view of poor people in the third world, the subsistence farmer in the Maldives or Bangladesh or some other remote islands like Tuvalu. The ability to feed themselves disappears in a century or two. Even fishermen have to eat and they don't have the money to buy imported food.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
A guy who buys a condo on the seafront in Miami has no fear of sea level. His mortgage would have been paid long before he gets any closer to the water.
Look at this from the point of view of poor people in the third world, the subsistence farmer in the Maldives or Bangladesh or some other remote islands like Tuvalu. The ability to feed themselves disappears in a century or two. Even fishermen have to eat and they don't have the money to buy imported food.
The Maldives is still there last time I looked. Personally, I blieve we would be better spending our energy on the things that are happening right now rather than worrying about what some conspiracy theorists are saying might happen in two hundred years time. Did youn know that half the world is at war with Russia, and the Russians are winning? If that half the world doesn't surrender soon, the weapons are going to get a lot bigger.

In other words, there's more chance that your great-grandchildren will be speaking Chinese than the Maldives sinking.

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
True, the Maldives are not going to disappear next year or the year following that. However, we can do both, deal with the present while making the right choice for the future.