Prices of the electricity we use to charge

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I'm sitting on the fence.
Anecdotally speaking, I know a T2D, that was not living the healthiest lifestyle, worked hard, ate hard, drank hard at weekends etc. I feel in normy times if he went for a vaccine or operation, the Doc would have prob said no due to health reasons. Alas he had all the covid vax etc, now he can't drive because he can't see very well, he's had to radically change his eating habits to have an eye op and the other day he mentioned he'd gone off MEAT!!! not messing here either.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
When "Green" is not green. :)
(These should not be mixed up with solar HEAT collecting panels. which are fine if ethically produced)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Trump has just lost his suit against the New York Times, been ordered to pay half a million dollars legal costs. He will have to deal with E Jean Carroll court case this coming weeks which follows the previous case against her and he lost.
It seems that his way out is for the US supreme court to give him absolute immunity on everything.
I've moved this and my reply to the Charging Post in a new Any Subject thread:

Link

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
The average cost for electricity in the UK in 2024 is forecasted to be £113 per MWh, a reduction from previous estimates but still significantly higher than the £50 per MWh historic average.

Red Sea shipping crisis could lead to price hikes, Tesco boss warns

:D

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc and Woosh

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
the problem is the anti-vax arguments seed reasonable doubt.
If you are pro-vax, even have a good, solid, well above average grounding in scientific methods, which many MPs don't, you will have a very difficult job to unravel which bits in the anti vax arguments are reasonable and which are not, such as normalisation of statistics, RNA replication, protein in lipid shell encapsulation etc.
The anti-vax side does not have to prove anything, doubt is easy to seed in any situation. Just have to say that RNA vaccines are dangerous (plenty of cases of monoclonal treatments that kill the patients) and win the argument.
I saw another independent line of evidence from the US military, which has a very high level of COVID vaccination (97%) and very granular health reporting and shows no problems with vaccines or excess deaths

The extra deaths in 2020 + 2021 were largely COVID deaths before the vaccine was available in large numbers

Also see the effect of vaccinations on new Zealand under 60 deaths (none!) CF low vacc Bulgaria

F9IwXNlbAAA35p6.jpeg

Not that it is going to convince anyone that wasn't already convinced - I think they are unreachable

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: POLLY

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I saw another independent line of evidence from the US military, which has a very high level of COVID vaccination (97%) and very granular health reporting and shows no problems with vaccines or excess deaths

View attachment 55918
View attachment 55920

The extra deaths in 2020 + 2021 were largely COVID deaths before the vaccine was available in large numbers

Also see the effect of vaccinations on new Zealand under 60 deaths (none!) CF low vacc Bulgaria

View attachment 55922

Not that it is going to convince anyone that wasn't already convinced - I think they are unreachable
We get the discussion in parliament on Tuesday. Do you think both sides will present data and discuss it rationally? Whatever happens, sensible people will learn something from it.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I don't think there is much doubt about data. The increase in post covid excess death is down to lockdown, changing people's lifestyle. People have now a much more sedentary life, work more from home, lowering their overall activity and interaction with colleagues, eating and drinking more etc.
The result is an increase in deaths from dementia, heart attacks, strokes and lung clots.
With hindsight, lockdown was overall a rather bad policy.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
We get the discussion in parliament on Tuesday. Do you think both sides will present data and discuss it rationally? Whatever happens, sensible people will learn something from it.
No, I think most MPs wil want to be seen to have nothing to do with it and not attend

Reactions: Woosh

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
I don't think there is much doubt about data. The increase in post covid excess death is down to lockdown, changing people's lifestyle. People have now a much more sedentary life, work more from home, lowering their overall activity and interaction with colleagues, eating and drinking more etc.
The result is an increase in deaths from dementia, heart attacks, strokes and lung clots.
I think there are a number of factors (see the Lancet article) but we can't quantify the relative factors

"The causes of these excess deaths are likely to be multiple and could include the direct effects of Covid-19 infection,1 acute pressures on NHS acute services resulting in poorer outcomes from episodes of acute illness,4 and disruption to chronic disease detection and management.5 Further analysis by cause and by age- and sex-group may help quantify the relative contributions of these causes."

I think Lockdown had all sorts of negative consequences on lots of different segments of society and we should never be faced with the choice of lockdown or let the virus rip through an unvaccinated population, totally overwhelming the NHS. This means having a properly funded and trained public health test, track and trace system.

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I think Lockdown had all sorts of negative consequences on lots of different segments of society
I agree with you on this. My diabetes has worsened since Covid lockdown.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
My diabetes
I feel my diabetes has made me sluggish, but after my t1d check up and according to the numbers I have improved my HbA1c. Although now it's occasional hyponatremia and that really takes it toll on cold days.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
But not with my hindsight, it was with my foresight as you may remember when I consistently argued against it and the rigid legal controls, arguing for the voluntary approach of Sweden.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Why aren't people allowed to discuss that then? Why didn't MPs counter with that when Andrew Bridgen made his speech. I'll tell you why, because there's an elephant in the room. All the countries that vaccinated heavily have excess death rates. Those that didn't don't.

The problem is that if it does turn out that a lot of people died because of the vaccine, a lot of people are going to be liable - all the shills on TV and social media, employers that threatened employees, politicians, drug companies, doctors and many more. It would be too big. That's why, if, true, would have to be covered up, and that's why discussion has been blocked. Tomorrow will be interesting. There will have been many highly creative minds working on this.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Only $190,000, bypass traffic, park on their roofs! :)
We finally got our flying cars; however, the 20 miles range won't avoid the queues for Channel crossings, nor get me to the IOM TT festival. Drat!

Probably just as well because There would be hoards of them going back and forth across the channel carrying undocumented people.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
$43,000 in the west but $18,700 in China, coz we all know shipping and anti-dumping adds $24,300, right? (Is it sales/vat/registration tax? :) )
No, it's just extra profits. Anti dumping tax will follow if they sell enough. BYD's big advantage is that they are primarily lithium battery manufacturers, for others as well. That includes Tesla's Shanghai production which was over half of all Tesla's made last year.

Reactions: Croxden