Prices of the electricity we use to charge

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you keep trying to look in that rabbit hole you will fall in to it then there is no escape :p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well i had a new epc cert done today was a c still a c tho it has gone up 1 point and could be a b if other works are done solar warter heater and floor insulation.

yet a new fully bricked up house brand new everything is a c and can never be a b.

my windows are 25 years old i have bits of bog roll taped to the inside waving round like flags :oops:

fkn epc cert is batshit bonkers and makes no sense what so ever

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240515_000609[1].jpg

they have the same solar panels as me same as another guy up the road both with ten year old inverters my bill last month 76.38.

bombs in the loft.

I have reviewed your request and our responses. The summary of my
conclusion is that while a tenant does have the right to access and
discuss property survey findings related to the home they live in, the way
to do so is not via the Freedom of Information Act (FOI) for reasons I
explain below. Therefore, while we cannot comply with this particular
request via FOI, our housing team will be able to discuss with the tenant,
or their authorised third party, any maintenance and repair needs or
concerns. You can contact our housing repairs team directly at
[1][email address] or you can use our [2]Contact us webpage.
Please note that if you wish to act on behalf of a tenant of Stroud
District Council, you must contact us with the tenant present so we can
establish consent to discuss the specific matter. For the avoidance of
doubt, your other FOI requests are being managed on an individual basis
and will be replied to separately.

I conclude that matters relating to a specific tenanted property,
including a condition survey, reaches the threshold of personal
information. I conclude this as a property survey includes significant and
detailed information about a property, some of which may risk prejudicing
the security of a home, or may highlight issues of disrepair or neglect
that may cause distress to an individual if made public. Furthermore, the
survey its self can contain photographs or other information that can
identify the tenants of the property, their lifestyles, and other personal
information. Ultimately, while we acknowledge there is clear individual
interest in this property survey, there is no evidence of wider public
interest to publish this information which reaches a higher threshold than
protecting the rights and freedoms of the Council’s tenant by not
publishing it. Therefore I am satisfied that this request is exempted
under Section 40 of the FOI: personal information.

However, as I note in the first paragraph of my reply I see no reason that
the tenant of this property cannot contact the Council via our normal
service channels and discuss and resolve the matter in a more appropriate
way than publishing personal information to the world at large. As this
website is public, I cannot comment on the specifics of any individual
tenancy, and encourage you to contact the housing team to resolve this
matter promptly.

I also note that you have provided the name and address of a Council
tenant as part of this request, please delete this information from the
request if they have not consented to this information being made public,
as it is currently available on this website. I see a Council officer did
ask you for the address, and I have provided updated guidance to our staff
to avoid requesting such information via this website as they may not have
known it would be published immediately.

you cant redact foi requests retards or edit them

Owen Chandler

Interim Data Protection Officer

An interim is a period of temporary pause or change in a sequence of events, or a temporary state, and is often applied to transitional political entities.

pressure test mode :oops:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
hybrids as more likely to self combust than fully electrics and ICEs.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
hybrids as more likely to self combust than fully electrics and ICEs.
I'm thinking that there was probably something wrong with the car, like it had been crashed or it wasn't working properly. If that were the case, will dealers want to take EVs back for repair, or will insurance companies allow them to? Remember a while back, when I showed you an Audi that had been "quarantined" before seven guys pushed it into the workshop. What exactly is the quarantine procedure? Is it better to have a faulty EV hanging around or get it analysed and fixed ASAP? All this is becoming a bit complicated. What would happen if ebike dealers didn't want to or weren't allowed to have faulty ebikes on their premises?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Bristol car dealer went up in smoke when an EV caught fire. I wonder if these 25 cars will count in the statistics.
Vauxhall dealership.

Vauxhall, infamous for two decades of their Zafira model i.c. people carriers going up in flames, despite several recalls supposed to cure the problem.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I'm thinking that there was probably something wrong with the car, like it had been crashed or it wasn't working properly. If that were the case, will dealers want to take EVs back for repair, or will insurance companies allow them to? Remember a while back, when I showed you an Audi that had been "quarantined" before seven guys pushed it into the workshop. What exactly is the quarantine procedure? Is it better to have a faulty EV hanging around or get it analysed and fixed ASAP? All this is becoming a bit complicated. What would happen if ebike dealers didn't want to or weren't allowed to have faulty ebikes on their premises?
I watched a recent report of xiaomi SU7. They did not go up in flames or anything like that, one of them just stopped on the motorway after just 27 miles. The car got towed back to the dealership, 4 months wait for a new one. This is a common problem with early adopters, even with high volume products like HDDs, most of the failures happen in the first 3 weeks. My gardener in France bought last year a Peugeot e308. It died while he took it on holiday, just after getting delivery. He waited 6 months for the replacement part. I am pretty sure that a couple of years from now, early problems will be addressed at factory levels. Stellantis here in France just announced this morning that they are going to sell Chinese EVs in a few months. The first EV is priced at 20 000 euros. If you can't beat them then what else can you do?

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This is a common problem with early adopters, even with high volume products like HDDs, most of the failures happen in the first 3 weeks. My gardener in France bought last year a Peugeot e308. It died while he took it on holiday, just after getting delivery. He waited 6 months for the replacement part.
Foolish. If he'd bought the well proven Nissan Leaf or France's own Renault Zoe instead, he could have looked forward to many years of entirely trouble free e-motoring, like the entirely fault free over six years I have been enjoying with my Leaf so far.

Reactions: Woosh

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
This guy is an incredible investigative journalist. His work gives you an insight into how powerful people work. Here he is explaining a bit about the Gamestop saga that bankrupted some big hedge funds. His previous video gave a few more details. The short sellers didn't seem to learn. They've been spotted short selling again by the small investors, who have been pushing the price up again. Last time, the financial institutions cheated by stopping Gamestop transactions. I don't think they'll get away with that again. The video is well worth watching.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Foolish. If he'd bought the well proven Nissan Leaf or France's own Renault Zoe instead, he could have looked forward to many years of entirely trouble free e-motoring, like the entirely fault free over six years I have been enjoying with my Leaf so far.
Nissan sales plummet since Ghoshn got the sack. Its future seems uncertain. The Leaf now looks dated.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
This guy is an incredible investigative journalist. His work gives you an insight into how powerful people work. Here he is explaining a bit about the Gamestop saga that bankrupted some big hedge funds. His previous video gave a few more details. The short sellers didn't seem to learn. They've been spotted short selling again by the small investors, who have been pushing the price up again. Last time, the financial institutions cheated by stopping Gamestop transactions. I don't think they'll get away with that again. The video is well worth watching.
He oversimplified. Short sellers don't target just any company. The target needs to be in trouble or the sector it is in is shrinking fast.
If you trade regularly, you'll come to use short selling yourself.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Nissan sales plummet since Ghoshn got the sack. Its future seems uncertain.
Agreed Nissan are petty minded and stupid but why care? There will be batteries and spares for the huge number of Leafs for very many years.

The fact is that all the Stellantis brands, Chrysler, Jeep, Fiat, Peugeot, Citroen, DS have joined the party too late and have almost no e-car knowledge or experience. So best ignored rather than buying and becoming involuntary product developers.

The Leaf now looks dated.
Average life of a car 23 years, so most of the entire fleet looks dated. The sensible want reliable transport, the foolish want a fashion statement.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
He oversimplified. Short sellers don't target just any company. The target needs to be in trouble or the sector it is in is shrinking fast.
If you trade regularly, you'll come to use short selling yourself.
He explained that in his other presentations. He said at the beginning, this was the simplified version!

Reactions: Woosh

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I went to the car auction today. Interestingly, I didn't see any EVs there.

There was a really nice 2012 Audi A4 diesel with 80k on the clock that went for £1100 and a very tidy 2010 Peugeot 107 for £650.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015