Pro Connect (2008)

Julian

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 14, 2008
Somerset, BA3
In retrospect you might be right. I put it on here because I though a group of knowledgeable buyer might be more likely to buy an electric bike without a battery. I was a bit surprised at the amount of interest considering the age of the bike and lack of battery, but would you have turned down an offer of more than you were asking? Anyway I am now expecting the bike to be collected at the weekend.

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm not too surprised Julian. Despite the one negative I noted earlier, there are three positives. Kalkhoff are a widely respected marque, the original Pro Connect was a popular model and a bit of a classic now, and the first of the second generation Panasonic units that it uses has power characteristics that many like but which have been lost in later revisions.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
I think maybe I would have asked for offers when it was clear that there was a lot of interest. But not kept a running total on the thread. Maybe just told interested punters by PM that someone else was offering more.

Glad someone bought it anyway.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Pro Connect was a popular model and a bit of a classic now, and the first of the second generation Panasonic units that it uses has power characteristics that many like but which have been lost in later revisions.
I will go along with that. As you know, the motor failed on my 2008 Pro Connect and I replaced it with a 2011 motor, courtesy of Martin. Whilst the 2011 motor is much more powerful and pulls very well, I don't like the power delivery characteristics as much as I did on the older motor. The 2011 motor reminds me of the early 1990s turbo Diesel engines, a very strong surge of power that disappears as quickly as it arrived.

Personally, I prefer the 2008 model and I think whoever buys this one will be very pleased with it. Well done Julian for not trying to sell it for a stupid amount of money. Many if these second hand bikes are way overpriced.

Bmdji

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 9, 2014
Well done Julian for not trying to sell it for a stupid amount of money. Many if these second hand bikes are way overpriced.
I've been looking around for a while for a second hand bike and they are almost all over priced. I don't want to spend £500 on a second hand bike that might need a £500 battery to work as I want it.

Reactions: flecc

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
The bike will get my old motor and battery so upgraded to 36 volt 2012 power. The old motor is destined for another user to fix his bike.
So out of three bust ones we should get two workers

Reactions: tillson and flecc

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
The bike now has a new 36 volt Panasonic system 12 amps.
It rides nice around the block but in thunderstorms it's not going any further:D
Thanks JohnCade