Pro Connect Lights

TomB

Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
The Pro Connect I took delivery of a month or so ago has halogen front and rear lights running directly off the main battery - i.e. no dynamo. The front light is a Bausch & Muller 6Volt 2.5Watt halogen bulb and the rear is a Bausch & Muller 6Volt 0.6Watt halogen.

Am thinking of upgrading front and rear to LED lights:

The front to a Lumotec IQ Fly LED

Bike24 - Busch + Müller Lumotec IQ Fly LED Front Light 174Q

and the rear to a Busch + Müller D' Toplight XS LED

Bike24 - Busch + Müller D' Toplight XS LED Rear Light 325AL

But as I cant find any power ratings for these lights so don't know it they will just be brighter with the same power drain on the battery or will drain the battery less.

Does anyone have any comments on the relative merits of this upgrade?

P.S. Is anyone concerned that the ProConnect was specified with a rear LED on the 50cc web site (and still is) but supplied with a halogen one....? :confused:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't have an answer Tom, but the latest photos we saw of a Pro Connect showed it with a front hubdyno like the Agattu, so that might have affected what rear light is fitted now.

TomB

Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
think i've found one good reason for switching to led.... gave the bike a once over today and found the rear halogen has blown already! only used it a handful of times in the rain :(

TomB

Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
Any news?

there was a recent thread, that i cant seem to find, about voltage problems with fitting led lights to a pro connect causing them to blow...

does anyone have anymore on this?

as the nights are drawing in, i probably need to do something about the lights on my proconnect...

Chris_Bike

Pedelecer
May 20, 2008
Birmingham
The front light you show is used on the Cytronex as standard. It's a great light but will need to see close to 6V. The Cytronex has a voltage regulator in the battery to deliver this. If you want to run it direct, is suspect you will need to cobble something similar.