Pro-Connect ordered?

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
If you have no hills to contend with then maybe you should just go for a standard 3 speed brompton for that short commute. You could choose the reduced gearing options to make pedalling easier.

I tried the above type and found that it was geared very high, thus making pedalling harder. 1st gear starts at around 47 inches and i think the gearing options are -12% and -18% reduction.

Saw a nano brompton and the folding is the same size when you remove the battery bag. However, it is heavy due to the motor.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for that, i wont even think about Nano now,even though i can do without it i am quite sure i will get one , probably second hand because they hold their full second hand value so no loss, and even if not regular use its still nice to have that option, my Quando is brilliant as even when its main use.ie nipping to my mums 1.74 miles away in 7 minutes has come to an end when she moves up to newcastle i will still have its use for nipping round to local people dropping off survey product placements ect.. its great to be able to nip off and drop off half a dozen boxes of wash powder in a mile radius and back in 15 mins..i dont have a car so would be leg work otherwise...i almost wish i had a heavy collection job/hobby like Flecc where i could haul a trailer around...i only said "ALMOST WISH"................

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
The waiting is over.

The waiting games is over.
I'd had enough.
When to the local bike shop and tried a 49cm and that seemed OK, so I drove to 50cycles and test rode a 49cm Pro-Connect with the seat raised to fit.
Its was fine. Llyod helped me though he thught I should wait for the 53cm.
But again it seemed fine to me.
Bought it, put it in the back of the Berlingo and its now home.
Yipeeee.
Carnt believe i've really got it.
Flecc was right (as always) a little bit smaller is better than too big.
Thanks Tony.

In the test ride I found the Pro-Connect much, much better than when I test rode the Agattu.
First impression are very,very light with much less effort needed.
Ride is very good for a non sprung bike. Gears great though as remarked about by others, very undergeared. Always between 4th to 8th. Not below.
Got an 18 tooth rear sprocket but this needs fitting, but I will try the facotry sprocket on my hills first (many and very steep).

PS Just read the replies. Thanks for all the support guys.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Well done Burncycle, good that your wait is at an end and with the forecast set fair, good timing too. Trying it for a while on the standard sprocket is a good idea to get a true measure of what you'd like to have in the end.

rafepurnell

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 20, 2008
Glad you like the bike. Sounds good. you gonna give us a review anytime soon?

v jealous......

Last edited:

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
The waiting games is over.
I'd had enough.
When to the local bike shop and tried a 49cm and that seemed OK, so I drove to 50cycles and test rode a 49cm Pro-Connect with the seat raised to fit.
Its was fine. Llyod helped me though he thught I should wait for the 53cm.
But again it seemed fine to me.
Bought it, put it in the back of the Berlingo and its now home.
Yipeeee.
Carnt believe i've really got it.
Flecc was right (as always) a little bit smaller is better than too big.
Thanks Tony.

In the test ride I found the Pro-Connect much, much better than when I test rode the Agattu.
First impression are very,very light with much less effort needed.
Ride is very good for a non sprung bike. Gears great though as remarked about by others, very undergeared. Always between 4th to 8th. Not below.
Got an 18 tooth rear sprocket but this needs fitting, but I will try the facotry sprocket on my hills first (many and very steep).

PS Just read the replies. Thanks for all the support guys.
Brilliant News Burncycle.. At last you can enjoy the experience of owning and riding your pedelec. Look forward to hearing about how much better it is than the Agattu..:p Great weather too for some thorough trials.

bw
musicbooks

Chris_Bike

Pedelecer
May 20, 2008
Birmingham
I'm really pleased for you Burncycle - I can feel the relief! I rode a Pro-connect in Presteigne and really enjoyed it. Get out in the sun tonight (and have a beer).

Chris

Last edited:

stokepa31_mk2

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 7, 2008
Go Bob

Corks Pop; The crowd goes wild; Happiness spreads across the land. :D:D:D

Well done mate and welcome the the owners club finally. Cant wait for the review.

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Go Bob

Corks Pop; The crowd goes wild; Happiness spreads across the land. :D:D:D

Well done mate and welcome the the owners club finally. Cant wait for the review.
And the best part about all this is no more complaining for me.
Someone else will have to take the batton from me and run with it.

rafepurnell

Apr 20, 2008
watch this space...... still no sign...... maybe tomorrow....

tomorrow....... tomorrow........ we luv yah....... tomorrow......

I will endeavour to keep it rant free :)

rustyrocker

May 6, 2008
Brilliant news

Thanks for that Scott. Im off work all week, doing odd jobs in the garden, so if my 57cm pro connect arrives, I can get away from all that and have some fun. PS. Can anyone tell me how to start a new paragraph here, it all looks jumbled squashing sentences together. Cheers Mick.

stokepa31_mk2

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 7, 2008
Thanks for that Scott. Im off work all week, doing odd jobs in the garden, so if my 57cm pro connect arrives, I can get away from all that and have some fun. PS. Can anyone tell me how to start a new paragraph here, it all looks jumbled squashing sentences together. Cheers Mick.
Mick - just press the return key twice :D

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Hi guys.
I just thought I'd do a quicky review of my Pro-Connect to wet your taste buds and all that stuff.

First put aside any worries of the money you may be paying out for this bike.
This IS a quality bike for the money. I know nothing about bikes, but this think shouts quality.
Its light, very quick and as A to B mag says "it gallops up the hills".
I find that I really do put in more effort on the striaght than I do on the hills.
Just sit down, move you legs around on the pedals and the bike really does take you up the hill. Quite amazing.

2 minor poor area's.
Its under geared. Though I have a 18 toooth sprocket, it will not get fitted til i'm a bit fitter.
Be warned !
if you have a 1 in 10 or above that you will climb daily then try it will the standard sprocket first. The bike wont struggle with a 1 in 10 and above though i did.

I have found today, as only a man can, that it will require a sprung seatpost.
My eggs are a little knocked about in the shopping basket !!!
Hear is where the agattu out performed the Pro-Connect.

just done my commute (test run) on my nice new Pro-Connect.

5.84miles 543feet climb.
12 hills, with 2 at 1 in 10.

Did it in 29mins
Max speed 28.1mph
Average speed 11.8mph

Not bad i suppose and im unfit (and very sweaty afterwards).
Another shower in order.

Hope this helps anyone.

Regards Bob.

stokepa31_mk2

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 7, 2008
Hi guys.
I just thought I'd do a quicky review of my Pro-Connect to wet your taste buds and all that stuff.

First put aside any worries of the money you may be paying out for this bike.
This IS a quality bike for the money. I know nothing about bikes, but this think shouts quality.
Its light, very quick and as A to B mag says "it gallops up the hills".
I find that I really do put in more effort on the striaght than I do on the hills.
Just sit down, move you legs around on the pedals and the bike really does take you up the hill. Quite amazing.

2 minor poor area's.
Its under geared. Though I have a 18 toooth sprocket, it will not get fitted til i'm a bit fitter.
Be warned !
if you have a 1 in 10 or above that you will climb daily then try it will the standard sprocket first. The bike wont struggle with a 1 in 10 and above though i did.

I have found today, as only a man can, that it will require a sprung seatpost.
My eggs are a little knocked about in the shopping basket !!!
Hear is where the agattu out performed the Pro-Connect.

just done my commute (test run) on my nice new Pro-Connect.

5.84miles 543feet climb.
12 hills, with 2 at 1 in 10.

Did it in 29mins
Max speed 28.1mph
Average speed 11.8mph

Not bad i suppose and im unfit (and very sweaty afterwards).
Another shower in order.

Hope this helps anyone.

Regards Bob.
Get some padded shorts Bob. It really helps your erm... eggs. You can get non lycra shorts with a padded insert as well as the go faster variety

Lordylordy

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Wimbledon. London
Da Da Da Da Daaaaa

IS TODAY THE DAY?? :rolleyes:

NEWS BREAKING AT 50CYCLES HQ YESTERDAY THAT A LORRY WAS DUE TO ARRIVE TODAY WITH SOME PRO-CONNECT 57'S ON BOARD...THEY THINK. THEY'LL CALL AND LET ME KNOW.

I'M SURE THEY ONCE TOLD ME THAT THEY HAVE TAKEN OVER 1000 ORDERS FOR THE PRO CONNECT. I'M NOT SURE HOW MANY ARE STILL OUTSTANDING, BUT THAT'S ALOT OF PHONE CALLS TO MAKE TODAY LADS!!

ANYWAY, APPARENTLY I'M TOP OF THE LIST - ;) - SO AFTER THEY'VE CALLED EVERYONE TO LET US KNOW (MAY TAKE A DAY OR SO?) IT'S HAPPY DAYS FOR ME AND HOPEFULLY HAPPY DAYS FOR YOU TOO!!

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
Lorry

IS TODAY THE DAY?? :rolleyes:

NEWS BREAKING AT 50CYCLES HQ YESTERDAY THAT A LORRY WAS DUE TO ARRIVE TODAY WITH SOME PRO-CONNECT 57'S ON BOARD...THEY THINK. THEY'LL CALL AND LET ME KNOW.

I'M SURE THEY ONCE TOLD ME THAT THEY HAVE TAKEN OVER 1000 ORDERS FOR THE PRO CONNECT. I'M NOT SURE HOW MANY ARE STILL OUTSTANDING, BUT THAT'S ALOT OF PHONE CALLS TO MAKE TODAY LADS!!

ANYWAY, APPARENTLY I'M TOP OF THE LIST - ;) - SO AFTER THEY'VE CALLED EVERYONE TO LET US KNOW (MAY TAKE A DAY OR SO?) IT'S HAPPY DAYS FOR ME AND HOPEFULLY HAPPY DAYS FOR YOU TOO!!
We had a 'lost' lorry up here in the North East first thing this morning. It had a big container on it. Driver couldn't speak a word of english. He's left without dropping the container off, so it wasn't for us here. Hope it isn't the one your waiting for!

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008
Its light

How light, I was going for the pro but was advised it was'nt as good off road as the Aggatu (I do get sidetracked by woodland trails)
((also I could'nt wait.))

rafepurnell

Apr 20, 2008
pro connect 57's not on todays lorry :-(

I have just found out yesterday that work need me to go away on a 2 week k training course.

So even if they get to 50c tomorrow, I can have it delivered to my girlfriends place but I wont be able to ride it till I come back.......

:-(