PRO RIDER - this'll be interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
My brother considers me to be expert on anything to do with electric bikes because I got one! .. I will have to explain to him that I DO consider myself an expert ... at RIDING them! ..
He has asked me about this:

Electric Bikes - Leisure - E VOYAGER ELECTRIC MOUNTAIN BIKE

Anyone know anything?
Did a search and found a post from .. freddie80 along the same lines and he got NO replies! .. not even a sorry, no idea mate!

Now that I am a SENIOR member I hope this post will be treated with respect and have a reply or two. Or is my new status due to the fact that someone realised how old I am and has changed it for me! ..

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Perhaps the seriously spooky video in your signature is putting us off :eek:

Or more likely, folks are out enjoying a ride on a sunny Sunday morning, you should try it!. ;)

Reactions: BobR

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
All you can really do with any of these bikes is read the specifications a take a view based on figures.

The reason no one replies is generally because no one here will know. There are bike reviews on the forum that people have done on bikes they have owned or own.

One person even wrote reviews on test rides he had.

Again based on the look of bike and spec your paying for the warranty etc. Other than that nothing i couldn't build for a fraction of the price.

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Perhaps the seriously spooky video in your signature is putting us off :eek:

Or more likely, folks are out enjoying a ride on a sunny Sunday morning, you should try it!. ;)
"seriously spooky" - yep thats what I was after ...as long as its not bland - if its ever bland I promise I will stop ...

Will be going out later .. no doubt .. its a great day.

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
This is a problem for average joes or below average joes! .. I think I have found the solution to my problem i.e my brother, and thats in the thread "use your local" ... dont ask me , ask someone who knows and wants your custom and will look after you ..
thanks.

HittheroadJ

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2010
Northern Ireland, BT1
The shop is clearly visible on gogle-maps streetview (under "contact us" is a click to google maps, pro-rider is one of the shops to the left).

I must admit that the presence of a physical shop that has some history and sells mobility scooters, wheelchairs and that type of product does inspire some confidence on whether they will honour promises of servicing and warranty,

Am I correct in believing that shops that already sell electric modes of transport may be a good choice? They may have just tried a one-off adition to the product line with a different supplier, but they would have eperience with sourcing batteries and other parts.

Other examples of mobility shops that sell good eBikes?

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Well, they are a large company and are not solely reliant on their cycle business. But, they claim 30 miles on motor only with a 10 amp/hour battery. If it will achieve this, then it sounds good.
However, it is a hub motor and I think they have just about had their day. I am old enough to remember the cyclemotor/moped days of the 1950's and 1960's and the electric bike is following the same path. The early petrol models were all single speed, but were eventually driven from the market by the geared models and I can see the same happening with electric bikes.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
100 posts makes you a senior member.

My 17,000 plus posts makes me Supreme Commander of Planet Earth. ;)

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
lol -- well .. as SCPE .. could you have a word with the earthlings and ask them to try and ensure that all posts are replied to? ... I put one up about "route swapping" which I thought at the time was a great idea. I realise now that it does have a serious flaw in as much as if you were to cycle my ride then you would end up in Basingstoke with possibly not enough battery to get back to your car! ...
But even bad ideas can sometimes lead to other ideas ... and there may be one in there somewhere ...

HittheroadJ

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2010
Northern Ireland, BT1
30 Miles on a 10Ah motor on a £649,- bike on motor only is almost certainly too optimistic. Could still be a decent enoughbike with some support.

Well, they are a large company and are not solely reliant on their cycle business. But, they claim 30 miles on motor only with a 10 amp/hour battery. If it will achieve this, then it sounds good.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Chinese bikes identical to this have been around for years in lead-acid battery form, many sold at around £350 new, and it you look at the photo you'll see the length of the battery platform and the space to the rear wheel shows how it used to accommodate SLAs in their larger box. Forum member Fecn was selling two of these SLA versions a short while ago at around £200 each.

Another forum member, Footie, owned one for years which he had in use in Cornwall. latterly with a Ping LiFePO4 battery on a rack.

The can work well for years with the exception of the batteries. I doubt this one's Li-ion battery will last two years of regular weekday use and it certainly won't allow 30 miles on motor only from that battery. Around 15 to 18 miles is probably as much as can be expected in average territory.

Iffy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 2, 2011
Wellingborough, Northants
My brother considers me to be expert on anything to do with electric bikes because I got one! .. I will have to explain to him that I DO consider myself an expert ... at RIDING them! ..
He has asked me about this:

Electric Bikes - Leisure - E VOYAGER ELECTRIC MOUNTAIN BIKE

Anyone know anything?
Did a search and found a post from .. freddie80 along the same lines and he got NO replies! .. not even a sorry, no idea mate!

Now that I am a SENIOR member I hope this post will be treated with respect and have a reply or two. Or is my new status due to the fact that someone realised how old I am and has changed it for me! ..
There are a couple of things that do not appear to stack up with this company.

1. Their contact address is Loughborough but the "Order Hotline" telephone number has a Northampton STD code - 50 miles away.

2. They have this bike listed on Ebay with more than 10 available but the ensuing text indicates that you will receive your bike in May/June depending upon the colour chosen.

It is possible to add this item to the shopping basket on the Pro Mobility website with no indication of any out of stock situation.

Strange.

My member status is Junior, must be due to my age - NOT!

Edit - Sorry, I will have to learn how to insert links correctly!

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The member status will change to Senior if and when you reach 100 posts Jon. Only 94 to go. :)

To insert a link, type the test you want to appear as a link, then highlight it. Now click the blue globe icon above the text box, paste in the link and OK it, then when you complete the post, your highlighted words will be a hyperlink.

Like this example using your link

Last edited:

Iffy

Apr 2, 2011
Wellingborough, Northants
The member status will change to Senior if and when you reach 100 posts Jon. Only 94 to go. :)

To insert a link, type the test you want to appear as a link, then highlight it. Now click the blue globe icon above the text box, paste in the link and OK it, then when you complete the post, your highlighted words will be a hyperlink.

Like this example using your link
Thanks Flecc, let's see if this works.

Test Link

Yessss, looks good in the preview.

sparkedout

Jun 7, 2011
I bought this bike.

**Comments removed temporarily by Pedelecs while investigating a complaint. **

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
:) any review is better than no review! .. I'll PM you!
Did you have a try ride?
Are you local to that area? Its good to buy local if you can.
I'm glad you bought it. So many are stuck in a research cycle and unable to decide.
I hope it works out for you.
Alan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.