ProConnect S owners- Need help.

Intex

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2008
I just received my new ProConnect S (2nd bike). For those of you in the US, is the charger a 220volt model only?? I have started to charge the battery, but in 2 hours, non of the 5 lites have gone out.
I now plugged it into a 220 voilt transformer, and will see if it works with 220 power.

Also, what do the red and blue knobs on the hanldebar do? I imagine that they adjust the front shock system somehow??

Fecn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2008
Warlingham, Surrey
I would expect that it's the same panasonic battery charger used on the rest of the Kalkhoff range, in which case, it should have a label on the bottom saying:

INPUT AC 100-230V, 50/60Hz, 62W

The lights won't go out as it charges, they go out as the battery gets flatter, and come on again when it charges. I suspect your battery is topping-off and just putting the last few little bits of charge in there.

A full charge from flat will take around 6 hours. The first 4 hours will see the 5 lights come on.. the last two hours will top the battery off. When the battery is fully charged, all the lights will go off.

Intex

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2008
Fecn:

No, the charger says :

INPUT AC 220-240V, 50/60Hz, 62W

So this is definately a 220v only charger. I will try and contact 50cycles.

C

Cyclezee

I just received my new ProConnect S (2nd bike). For those of you in the US, is the charger a 220volt model only?? I have started to charge the battery, but in 2 hours, non of the 5 lites have gone out.
I now plugged it into a 220 voilt transformer, and will see if it works with 220 power.

Also, what do the red and blue knobs on the hanldebar do? I imagine that they adjust the front shock system somehow??
Hi Intex,
You certainly got the replacement bike quickly:D
I have 2 chargers, one for my Agattu and the other for my Pro Connect S. They are both labeled INPUT AC 100-230V, 50/60Hz, so are OK for Europe, USA etc., don't understand why yours should be different?

The red knob is to lock up the suspension and the blue to release it.

J:) hn

Intex

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2008
I just checked it again, the model of the charger is NJK044B , 220-240 Volts.
Strange that mine for the US would be different.

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009

Intex,

The charger supplied with my ProConnect S is the same as yours, Class 2, Input AC220 - 240V 50/60Hz 62W with Output DC 29.3V 1.8A.
The first charge from sleep mode put all 5 LEDs out in 5.5 hours.
When recharging the battery from 1 LED flashing the LEDs light up as the battery charges. Once fully charged the charger powers down and the LEDs switch off.

The red lever can lock the suspension to various preset levels of suspension stiffness and the blue knob unlocks.

I am surprised that Aldby has been supplied a different charger.

Flecc, can you advise whether the suspension should be unlocked when the bike is not being used or is it okay for it to be left in one of the locked settings? I am currently thinking it should be unlocked.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There was a suspicion of trouble with some of the original chargers, so that may have prompted the change of model. Clearly supplies for the USA and other 110 volt zones need reconsideration.

I don't have a definitive answer on leaving the forks locked when parked, but from experience of others being left locked, there wouldn't be any problems with that. However it's worth checking with 50cycles or Kalkhoff for advice on this model of fork with it's remote controls.

C

Cyclezee

Sorry Intex,

My Pro Connect S charger is the same as yours and that of Dynamic Position, INPUT AC 220-240V, 50/60Hz:eek:
I was interupted when checking and looked at the Agattu charger twice by mistake, so you will need to get yours exchanged for a 110 volt type.

rvarley

Just Joined
Jan 6, 2009
I have a ProConnect (non-S) and live in the US. I had to purchase the UK to US adaptor ($15) - a disappointment on a bike costing this much - but it does charge up and extinguish all lights after 5 or 6 hours. Be patient. The charge will complete.

C

Cyclezee

I have a ProConnect (non-S) and live in the US. I had to purchase the UK to US adaptor ($15) - a disappointment on a bike costing this much - but it does charge up and extinguish all lights after 5 or 6 hours. Be patient. The charge will complete.

rvarley,

Intex almost certainly has the Class 2, Input AC220 - 240V 50/60Hz charger which is not the same as the one you have for your Pro Connect.