Prostatectomy saddle

D

Deleted member 33385

Nothing fancy at all, just plenty to drink and lots of exercise for 25 years, then helped over the remaining ten years by the Tamsulosin capsules which dilate and relax the urethra.

Apart from vitamin D I dont use any supplements but do have a healthy wide ranging diet which includes meat in moderation.

I try to avoid heme iron, but usually fail:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I try to avoid heme iron, but usually fail:

I don't eat processed meat containing nitrates etc, sticking to that which comes directly from the animals after suitable hanging times. And the quantities I eat are far smaller than the norm, typically between one third and one half when present in a typical main meal. A proportion of those meals are with fish rather than land animal meat and some of my main meals are meatless.

I don't buy all the vegetarian and vegan arguments, humans from their earliest recognisable form have eaten small quantities of meat and vegans have to take care to compensate for its absence or suffer the consequences.

On a personal level all the vegetarians and vegans I've known have died in their seventies, including from cancers or heart attacks. Meanwhile I and some equally carnivorous friends are still very much alive in our late eighties.

Natural meat is fine so long as the amounts consumed are not excessive, and dairy is fine in the usual quantities.

Reactions: Croxden

geoff967

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2019
Had a (robotic) prostatectomy 18 months ago, age 64 then.
Surgeon said get back exercising within a month or so......
I didn't cycle for nearly 3 months, that was my choice. Did fast walking /slow jog at 6 weeks.
No issues, no altered saddle. Normal biking then resumed. Have a pee before setting off, that control takes a bit longer to achieve, Good luck.
Steve
Thank you for your input. I think 3 months is likely to be my time period also. If you could share your experiences re peeing and time schedule. In order not to derail thread maybe private email to geoffkendall101. At. Hotmail. Dot com. thanks

D

Deleted member 33385

Have a pee before setting off, that control takes a bit longer to achieve, Good luck.
Steve
Kegel/pelvic floor strengthening exercises might help with that :

...an easy way to strengthen pre-op is to stop pee mid flow a few times, whenever you pee.

geoff967

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2019
Vitamin "DD" is more fun ;)
Just an update on my op. Have finally got clearance today that the extraction wound site has finally healed 7 months on. No pain but a real issue as had to have dressing changed twice a week. Each week " IT SHOULD NOT BE LIKE THAT". rinse and repeat for 28 weeks. Not helped by emergency gall bladder removal 6 weeks ago but have had some intermittent cycling and if dry will be off and onto my bike ASAP.
Many thanks for those who took the time to follow up my question. Have now started a mission to ensure as many people know of the risks.

thirteen

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
West Sussex
Just an update on my op. Have finally got clearance today that the extraction wound site has finally healed 7 months on. No pain but a real issue as had to have dressing changed twice a week. Each week " IT SHOULD NOT BE LIKE THAT". rinse and repeat for 28 weeks. Not helped by emergency gall bladder removal 6 weeks ago but have had some intermittent cycling and if dry will be off and onto my bike ASAP.
Many thanks for those who took the time to follow up my question. Have now started a mission to ensure as many people know of the risks.
I'm glad it is healing, albeit slowly. Recovery is sometimes about playing the long game.

I suffered BPH for years, including my prostate gland expanding 3cm into my bladder.

Tamsulosin helped a bit but basically kicked my arse with side effects.

Eventually, after a urinary retention episode, catheterisation for 5 months, and UTIs that developed into sepsis, I was given HoLEP surgery, removing a large amount of my prostate gland by laser.

That was 3 years ago. It probably took 18 months for everything to return to normal, but the results were utterly fantastic.

My surgeon was a keen cyclist, and we actually discussed saddles post surgery. I have a selection of bicycles and ebikes, all of which have ISM noseless saddles.

They're not for everyone, which suits me as I've never paid for a new one. They have all been ones bought, used for days, maybe weeks, then sold on to recoup at least some money back.